Death

*

I slit another hybrids throat, enjoying how my sharpened knife cuts through his skin like butter.

I feel warm blood spray across my face, a little getting on my lips which I immediately spit out in distaste. I may enjoy killing, cannibalism I did not.

I twist around and throw a knife into the back of a running hybrid. His muscle was thick so the knife didn't quite bury as deep as I would have liked. He drops to his knees, screaming in agony.

He's silenced a second later when Anderson's wolf tears into him.

The Wizards have heard of our presence in Africa and were sending hoards upon hoards of witches to slow us down.

They were indeed slowing our approach but hadn't caused us much harm so far. The only problem I had was the fact that they kept slashing our tyres. While I could walk for days, Anderson could not.

He was proving to be quite useful. I didn't need him, nor will I hesitate in killing him if he does not continue to do his job but he was speeding the killing process up. Once we're done with long journeys I imagine that will be useful to me.

He'd informed me that a pack lived close by, a large one too, quite powerful. He'd apparently taken down worse single-handedly and a quick look into the memories Nick supplied me proved him truthful.

An easy way to get resources he said.

Now that my truck was useless, we had no other choice but to go there.

Nick was pushing me to keep this wolf alive, I assume because he was pleased by my quicker progress and dip in torturing so when he brings the subject up again I will reluctantly agree.

Once Anderson finally finishes ripping apart the now mangled hybrid, he trots over to me, looking over the mess we'd made with a spark in his eye.

He shifts after a few seconds and stands beside me naked, yet again, and covered head to toe in blood. He grins at me when I frown at him in annoyance, flashing the blood in between his white teeth.

Walking across the pile of bodies I make my way over to my car and grab the rest of our things.

A water bottle, a fresh change of clothes for Anderson, some of my weapons and a granola bar.

I throw the water to Anderson, telling him to go grab all my throwing knives, a job I wouldn't usually do out of the sheer boredom, and trudge over to the edge of the road dumping the bags.

"How many?"

"13"

"Well I've found sixteen. Merry Christmas."

He drops the pile of bloody knives in my duffel bag and washes himself off as best he can with his now shredded clothes and the rest of his water before changing into the new outfit.

"What now?"

"Now we'll have to kill this pack you were talking about. You're too weak to walk the way to the next village."

"Now you care if I die?"

"Only while you're still of use to me. Also Nick wants me to keep you around so he'd only make my life hell if I didn't."

"So you do have feelings."

I raise an eyebrow.

"No."

By the smile I'm guessing he doesn't believe me.

I leave him to believe what he wants.