Entry 17

Death scares me. Terrifies me.

I'd not known fear like that since the death of my mate, Hell I'd been numb since her death.

Now I had a creation or whatever, staring me down everyday, ordering me around like a dog and kissing me like I'd never been kissed.

It definitely doesn't help that she's fucking gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous, especially in her anger, which really doesn't help me when I get myself into bad situations.

I'd really thought she'd kill me today. I really did.

I wouldn't have minded, not after that kiss, I would've died a happy man, but her mood shifted so suddenly I swear I got whiplash.

Whatever she is, she's smart and she's secretive. Which means she unpredictable. As an alpha I'm usually able to read people like the back of my hand. Others are beneath me, simple minded. It isn't hard. But it's completely different with Death. I can't tell what's up and what's down or what's just Death.

I wouldn't be surprised if she just came back and killed me right now. I wouldn't be surprised if she just vanished. Anything's bloody possible with her.

I'm pretty sure she's stormed off to go and kill a bunch of wizards though. Without me.

And I'm pondering on whether or not to try and follow her.

Because, apparently, no matter how much a threat she poses, I keep scampering back.