Death

I've been walking for some time now. In my frustration I hadn't noticed I'd gotten half way to the wizards and there was no point turning back now.

Who needs weapons when you don't need to defend yourself. Especially now that Anderson is back at that pack house.

"Of what fucking use is he? Huh? All he's fucking doing is wasting my time," I mutter to Nick, thrashing angrily from bush to clearing.

"He's doing the exact opposite actually."

I pause mid walk and scan the bushes and overgrowth for the voice. I find a hybrid girl with black everything and smudged mascara hobbling from behind a tree, expression slack.

I frown in annoyance.

"By my previous predictions this would have taken you years not days. You linger too much," the feminine voice tries to lowers its voice to mimic nicks. "This may not be a bloody race Death, but it's not some lazy stroll where you pause to squash the occasional bug."

I take a threatening step towards Nicks little minion.

"I'm doing my fucking job. You fucking created me, it's your fault I'm not doing it to your standards."

"And I'm fixing it. Do your job, go back to the werewolf. And celebrate."

"Are you trying to say that Anderson is my reward?"

"Yes I am."

"Fuck you I don't want it."

Having had enough I step towards the girl, going for the more gory option of ripping her head from her body.

The aggression and the sound of bones and flesh alike tearing away calms me. It takes me a few minutes to fully decapitate her. I throw her head into a nearby bush before heading on my way again.

So Nick was giving me Anderson as a gift. A pretty lousy one actually, and I don't really believe he's aided me at all.

That means there's something else.

I knew Nick.

I knew his strategies and choices.

I'm pretty sure I knew what he'd done. What all this is about.

Nick and his bloody experiments. They always end in a mess.

I growl under my breath as I thrash through denser bush, cursing Nick and knowing he'd hear.

Anderson better be exactly where I'd left him after this because I would hate to have to go out of my way to find him.

If so, he'd bloody well hate it too after I'd finished with him.