Chapter 15

She stood in front of room 2304, wondering what she was doing and why she was doing it.

Sighing through her nose, Iris opened the door using the key-card.

Taking a step inside, she noticed the stench of sulfur in the darkness that was barely lit by the glow of street-lamps that were stories below the room.

Pulling out her short-blade, she slowly crept into the room, listening closely to the quiet of the room. She felt a large weight press against her chest the further she crossed the threshold. The demonic presence was strong.

Iris was suddenly blinded by lights once she passed the bathroom. Twirling around, she aimed her dagger at the man next to the light-switch.

He appeared human but Iris knew better; the scent of sulfur came from him.

The man, a tall, brunet and silver-eyed male that appeared to only be twenty, raised his brows at Iris. She glared in return.

"I thought I was meeting with a woman, not a little girl." He taunted her. Iris bared her teeth at his words.

"Don't underestimate me, demon." She growled lowly.

The man shrugged as though her words meant nothing to him.

She wanted to rip the eyes out of their sockets for the look he gave her — the look of an adult dealing with a child.

"You met my brother, you know we aren't fully demon. Although I seem to be the stronger one out of the two of us." He told her, walking past her to get to the luggage she had never noticed.

He knew of Owen's, his brother, death, yet he shrugged it off as though one of his shirts got a hole in it.

Iris gritted her teeth and clenched her fist to keep herself from killing him.

"What the hell do you want?" Iris spat barely containing her emotions. He was beating around the bush and she wasn't in the mood for it.

He looked slightly hurt by her tone as he opened one of the bags. She continued to glare as he pulled out a small bracelet. Iris stared at the small bracelet before she held out her hand. He quietly handed the bracelet to Iris.

Giving it a closer look, Iris moved the small bracelet around. It was tiny, it would only allow two of her fingers to slip through. It was also very beautifully crafted with groves meant for jewels that fit comfortably. The golden bracelet also seemed to have a slight glow to it, as though it was infused with a spell.

Iris reached out to the warm glow with her own magic, feeling it tickle her softly.

Looking up at the man, Iris said, "It's an infant's charm." Passing it back to him, she saw a scratched symbol on the side.

"And it was the talisman that was damaged to allow the demons to enter Stila thirty years ago." Iris spoke the words quickly. The demon only nodded as he carefully put the bracelet back into one of the bags.

"I know what happened. A witch, or some servant to the babe, accidentally scratched the symbol, resulting in the influx of demons." He told her quietly.

Iris looked at him curiously. She already knew that a rune was damaged to allow the demons to enter Stila. However, those runes needed a very powerful wizard or sorcerer to scratch them. It was no easy task to damage such a rune the way it was damaged. Certainly, no low-class witch could have done it by accident. Not only that, the demon horde was prepared for the assault.

This man was either lying about who he was or he was very clueless.

"What happened to the child?" Iris asked. He looked away from the bag and at her as he said, "She was taken to Hell and became the whore of Belial."