Epilogue

"Where'll you go?" The Jinn asked, trailing his master. Iris lugged her bag into the Spell-room. She looked at the Jinn, his location seen by the floating bags that held all Iris's possessions.

Iris shrugged, turning away. The building felt empty without the large line. Since the explosion, it was closed to the public, but Iris could easily create a new one from the rubble.

"I guess there'll always be only one Spell-room within Stila." She thought to herself as she glanced over the pentacle.

Pulling out a knife, she sliced her palm. The feeling felt too familiar as she reached out, letting blood drip onto the painted pentacle's center. She stepped back as the symbol slowly began to glow white.

In the soft, quiet glow, she murmured, "I, Iris, the lone Realm-Witch, born to the lost Future and her founded coven, conjures a portal here. Let all those with good intentions pass through and those with hate in their hearts burn within the flames of Hell, damning them to eternal pain, forever."

With her words, the glow brightened momentarily before it dimmed completely. She took a step forward before she halted.

She looked up to watch the sun rise, the sky beginning to blur into brilliant pinks and oranges over the emerald green towers that glowed soft.

Iris closed her eyes, keeping the sight in her memory as she took a deep breath in through her nose. Lilac tickled her senses.

Opening her eyes once more, she said, "Once you bring my baggage, I want you to watch over Luka. I don't need your help in Aneria."

"Of course, but I should remind you that humans are unaware of demons and have no sensors or hounds for our magic." The Jinn jested.

"I won't be using magic. I'll be searching for the boy like a human." Iris fiddled with the iron in her hand, savoring the sting that reminded her that this was not some nightmare she would wake from.

"That's the only way to find a human." The Jinn spoke with weight. Iris was too tired to care for his games.

"The sun is in the sky, I have overstayed my welcome," Iris tucked the iron into her pants pocket as she stepped into the pentacle. She tossed the contents of the jars she had carried onto the designated corners.

"Up, down and back around. Krain is where I want to go, but Stila is where I can be found." Iris's voice shook as she spoke, knowing she was leaving true safety for the first time since she had found it.

Before the flames could swallow her, she gulped down a breath saying, "May the gods watch over me with favor."