Chapter 2

Life is now different now that Macaiah is here. School is even more exciting. Except for Kai, and his buddies being here. Always causing trouble.

          “Who is this? Your cousin or something?” Stephen asked.

          “This is Macaiah Farron. She moved here from Romania.” I informed him.

          “I’m also his girlfriend.” She announced. Stephen patted me on the back.

          “Way to go man. Now all I have to do is find myself a girl and then we can double date.” He said.

          “Good luck.” I told him. None of the girls here were interested in guys like us. The super smart guys who had no other friends. The non-popular guys in school.

          “I know a girl who could use a man.” Macaiah said.

          “Who?” Stephan and I asked in unison.

          “Her names Jammie. Her boyfriend broke up with her so she’s alone. She needs cheering up. Do you think you can do that Stephen?” she asked.

          “Tell me where she is and I would love to make her smile.” Stephen said. He was excited to meet his blind date.

          “When do I meet her?” He asked.

          “How about tonight? We can go on a double date, all four of us.” Macaiah said.

          “That would be great. I’ll see you guys there.” Stephen said. Stephen walked away to go to class.

          “Thanks Macaiah, he will finally be out of a slump.” I told her.

          “Glad I could help-uh, oh. Stephen’s in trouble.” She said urgently. I followed her. We ended up finding Kaim and his friends Alexander, and Joules fooling around with Stephen. Shoving him and throwing him around. But one thing we didn’t expect is Kaim going for Stephen’s neck.

          “No! Get out of here now! I’ll talk to you three at home. Go! Are you okay Stephen?” She asked.

          “He’s in shock. He saw everything.” I said urgently. Now Stephen knows the secret.

          “But he will forget. Stephen look at me. Look in my eyes. You will not remember what you saw today. You left us to go class. You will continue on with your day. Forget Kaim, Alexander, and Joules. Go to class.” Macaiah said.

          “I’ll go to class.” Stephen said. He got up and started leaving. He had looked like he was in a trance.

          “What did you do?” I asked curiously.

          “I compelled him. He just has to look in my eyes and I can make him do whatever I want. But I would never abuse my power unlike them. I better go. I’ll talk to you later.” She said. She kissed me and disappeared.

          I ended up going to her house right after school without even thinking.

          “I’m coming in.” I said. I walked in and saw Kaim and the others on the couch.

          “What happened to you guys?” I asked. I was concerned but I did feel like laughing too.

          “Mistress Macaiah punished us.” Kaim said. Macaiah never seemed like the kind that would hurt anyone.

          “I hope you boys learned your lesson.” I girl said. Macaiah was in a door way. She looked at me with shocked eyes.

          “Alec, what are you doing here?” she asked.