Chapter 10: Alec Torres

Now everything is back to normal. Except we have more people joining us. We even have a new vampire that is joining the clan. Claira, the girl Rio told me was dead. He told me that she came back to be turned. Now they are able to get married like they had always wanted. There is only one person I would like to ask to marry me, but I don't know if she would be up for it. One thing for sure, I don't want to leave her side again. Every night, I watch her sleep, even though I get no sleep, I still feel like a child with a bunch of energy. It sounds weird but its true. I just hope that there won't be any vampire killings soon.

"There's a New Born on the loose." Sothe said. I spoke too soon. New Borns are hard to beat, but sometimes easy. They can be totally crazy or just scared and won't do anything.

"Claira, Can you sense him?" Sothe asked.

"It's not a boy, it's a girl. She's terribly scared, other there." Claira said. She is able to sense where someone is and who they are. We walked over to a bush and found the young crying and shaking. Macaiah went by her to help her.

"You're ok. Your among friends. Come on." She said. The little girl looked up. That's when we saw who she was. Rosaline.

"Rosaline?" Macaiah asked.

"No, my name is Rosie. How do you know my mommy?" She asked. This little four year old is Rosaline's child? This girl is different. She seems more harmless than her mother did.

"Where's my mommy?" She asked. How can we possibly tell a four year old girl that her mom is dead?

"Your mother died in a tragic accident. We are sorry that your mother is not around anymore, but she would want us to take care of you." Sothe said. This is the first time I've seen him really be nice, to a child no doubt. It was weird but it worked. Rosie came with us. Soon she will be strong enough to be on her own. It's either that or she stays with the clan and becomes a Vampire Underling. I'm hoping for the last part considering she is really young and would not become that responsible.

After weeks of being around Rosie, we learned that she was smarter than even me. She was the smartest girl on the planet. She is also a dancer. Apparently, Rosaline loved Rosie enough to take care of her and teach her how to dance. But she doesn't know who her father is.

"Every time I see her I think of Rosaline. The only thing that's different is her eyes. There bright green like Sothe's." Macaiah told me. Which made me think, Rosaline was always looking at Sothe whenever I saw them near each other. Could it be that...he is Rosie's daughter?

"Macaiah, Did Rosaline and Sothe ever get really close?" I asked.

"Once, a couple years ago. Wait you think that Rosie might be Sothe's daughter?" She asked me. I nodded. She got up and looked at Rosie. It was different this time, she looked at Rosie like she was more than Rosaline's child.

"So you both think she is my daughter? It might be possible that she is. Because four years ago, I slept with Rosaline. She said that it was the only way that would keep Macaiah from getting hurt. But I didn't think she would get...It's impossible for a vampire to get...pregnant." Sothe said.

"Not completely, When I was a young vampire I was able to have a baby. But the baby ended up being half vampire. At the age of four we had to kill him because he was kill too many people." Jammie said. Even vampires can get pregnant. I thought since they were immortal that they couldn't. It would be great if I was able to raise a family with Macaiah.