Chapter 3

It had been a week since I last saw Macaiah. She wasn’t in school and neither was Sothe and the others. I couldn’t talk to Rio. The only person I can talk to is Stephen. Life has been back to normal and back to a boring life that no one really likes. If only I knew were Macaiah was.

          “Earth to Alec! You’ve been spacing out a lot this week.” Stephen said.

          “Yeah I know. Sorry we couldn’t do the double dating thing. I know how much you wanted to meet Jammie.” I said.

          “It's cool. I don’t mind. Macaiah and her family needed to go somewhere, I mean who doesn’t, right?” he asked.

          “Yeah. I know what you mean. Still, I wish she would have told me where she went.” I said.

          “I know. She’ll be back. Don’t worry.” Stephen said trying to comfort me. I spent the rest of the day on the front step of the mansion. Ever since I first saw it, I felt a connection to it like it once belonged to me. But that’s impossible. I’ve only lived for eighteen years. Maybe in a past life. I ended up sleeping on the step without realizing it. My sister is probably worried by now.

          “Alec? Were you here all night?” a girl asked. Macaiah, my heart is beating faster again.

          “Macaiah, you back.” I said. Still sleepy.

          “Yeah. Sorry I didn’t tell you where I was. I went hunting in Africa for a bit. Need blood to survive.” She said. She was hunting this whole time. I can’t even think because of how tired I was.

          “Your still tired. Here I’ll take you home.” She said. She helped me up and led me to her car. Once I was in the seat I fell asleep again.

          “Time to wake up. We’re at your house. Do you need help getting to your room?” Macaiah asked.

          “Its okay. Thanks for the ride. One more thing, welcome home.” I said to her. She smiled and leaned in to kiss me. I was in bliss from her. I can finally stop worry ing.

          “Sleep well. I love you.” She said to me.

          “I love you too, I’ll call you later.” I said. She nodded and left. I walked into the house and of course my sister comes running to hug me. She was worried too much.

           I spent the whole night thinking about Macaiah. The worst thing is she is surrounded by other male vampires. Maybe she’ll be better off with one of them. It’s not like I can live for and eternity like they can. She needs someone who can stay be her side. Keep her safe. So far the only one that comes to mind is Sothe. He has known her for over a thousand years. While I on the other hand have only known her for a year. 90% of it was when we were dreaming. I should let her go. I drifted to sleep without even realizing it.

          “Alaric! I finally found you.” Macaiah said. She’s looking at me but she called me Alaric. Why?

          “So are you ready to go on our boat ride?” she asked. I tried to say something but I couldn’t. Nothing came out of my mouth.

          “Yes I am malady.” A man said. Then someone was by her side. He looked like me. But he is so different. The accent is different. Are we in England?

          “I’m ready too. So where should we venture off too?” she asked.

          “How about the meadow? I have a feeling you’ll like what you see.” He told her.