Chapter 24

"So, what did you see?" I asked X.

"Shh! I'm asking. Btw, put that knife away, you're scaring it."
X shushed me as she pat the black crow on it head.

Besides her strong hands and legs, she can interact with thee animals, mostly birds. She nodded as the bird whispered something into her ear. To me, it sounded like a bird choking on something at ate, but to her, it was words. Information about things it could see from its point of view. She can even control it sometimes. And that is my best friend, Amelia. 

I heard screeching sounds coming from the corner of the room. I turned towards it and saw Erumi drawing on the wall with her dagger.

"Erumi!"

She jumped and dropped the knife. She stood aside as I walk towards her, revealing the picture she drew. She was shaking as I walked towards her, scratching the walls.

"That's not how you draw!" I sused the pointy end of her dagger and poke my finger, causing it to bleed. The black haired girl's eyes widen as she saw me drawing on the wall with my own blood. Two pointy ears, three whiskers on each side, two eyes and one curvy mouth. A cat.

Erumi had black long hair with purple highlights. Her face was all dirty when she took off her mask, so was her hands and legs.

She cut herself and drew a girl next to the cat. I smiled, in that skillful, strong body of hers, was still a innocent 7 years old that is just following orders. I got up, patted her on the head and walked towards X.

"So?" I asked my best friend, placing my arms on her shoulder as an arm rester. She rolled her eyes and pushed my hands of her shoulders, "Ashley lost her sanity, but a boy managed to drag her back. She's training hard and fighting with soldiers from the army, even some criminals from the castle dungeon that were soon to be executed. Oh, and your friend, what's her name? Carry?"

"Cathy."

"Whatever, she got defeated by your sister, I could say she got her eyeballs gorged out, so watch out." X said as she adjust the flower on her head.
I nodded as a woman barged into the room, interrupting our conversation. She carried three trays, each had different food, I guess it was our dinner. I looked over at the clock, oh, wait, it's supper already. Erumi ran over to the woman, happy to finally see and she passed her her tray. "You're hungry?" the lady said as she patted her on the head. The lady walked towards me, passed X and me our trays and went off.

"Remember to close the door!"
A red tentacle reached out and pulled the door, slamming it shut. I rolled my eyes. "Tch, did her parents ever teach her manners?" I said while a piece of bread dangling from my mouth.

"Did your parents ever taught you to not speak while your talking?" X rolled her eyes, "Erumi, come sit with us." she called out as the black haired girl ran towards us. She was sitting in the corner, staring at the picture she drew with her own blood.

She plopped herself down between X and me, proceeded placing her tray on her lap. She took a big bite on her food as if she didn't eat for days, which is true.

From the main portal to the closest town was atleast 10 kilometres away, which we had to walk, since none of us had the power to teleport or fly. When we arrived to the town, it was already nightfall.

I jumped up and twisted the empty tray on the tip of my finger. "Should we get going?" I asked.

"You kidding me? We just got here! And look at the time! It's 3am!" Amelia protested as she took another bite in her apple. The cold wind managed to find its way into our room, blew passed the 7 yeared old, causing her to shiver a bit.

"Well, Erumi? You want to follow?" I looked over at she chewed her past piece of bread in her mouth, picking up her mask and pulling the strap over her head.

"Since it's 3am, no one will expect anything. Anyways, the castle is close by only, about two to three towns away. The faster we get there, the faster I can kill her off." I said as I pulled out my furry purple and pink mask, Amelia sighed.
"Whatever you say..." she bit the apple in her mouth and wore her mask too. Adjusting her flower, she got up and walked towards the window, followed by Erumi. Were they going out out through the window? Why go out through the window when you have a door?

"So? you coming?" she raised her leg and kicked the window, breaking the glass. Shards of glass fell down the 5 storey building.

I sighed. I guess we're climbing.