Part 5

I'm back! I finally beat my writers' block (temporarily at least). I hope you enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think! If you have any suggestion I would be glad to consider them (like I said, writer's block). Well, I hope you enjoy!

God bless,

Trekkiehood

~TH~

"No!" the voice called out. Jack turned to see what was happening. A man fell to the ground. Jack fired off a few more shots then ran back to the fallen soldier. The red stain was evident even on the red material. The man was gasping for breath. The panic was evident.

"Now, just calm down," Jack said quietly. "Everything will be fine." he continued.

Shots rang out from all around him. Shouts were heard from all around.

"Help!" he heard someone call out in desperation. He turned to help but was too late. Another comrade down. They kept falling. Everyone. There was no escaping the death. Everyone around him was dying. Shot. Fall. Shot. Fall. Shot. Fall. It was an inescapable pattern. Jack called out for help. He didn't know who he was calling for. No one was there. It was him against a faceless enemy. He stood alone against and an unseen enemy. The bullets kept flying, narrowly missing him. He tried to get away. The gunmen had different ideas. Time seemed to slow down as the bullet came at him. None of the other shots seemed to exist anymore. Everyone else was gone. It was him and the bullet. Pain exploded as the shot entered his body. It radiated throughout his entire being. He thought of Elizabeth. His sweet Elizabeth. She would have to forgive him for not coming home.

"Jack, Jack, listen I need you to calm down." Faith said as calmly as she could. He wouldn't stay still. He was going to reopen his wound. He couldn't afford to lose more blood. He was having a nightmare of some kind, that was evident from his face. She offered a silent prayer as she continued to whisper calming words to him. His fever was rising again. She wet a few rags and brought them over to him. His fever would come down. He would be okay. He had to be.

~WCTH~

Elizabeth sat down beside Abigail as Frank handed her a cup of tea. She was shaking profusely. "Frank, will you please explain what's going on?" Abigail asked. She was a tad frustrated with all of these games. She wanted to know what was going on. Not just as mayor, but also as Jack and Elizabeth's friend.Frank took a seat across from the girls.

"It's true Jack was shot. Whoever shot him is dead. Bill has him over at the jail. Jack's heart had stopped by the time Lee and I reached him. However, we were able to restart his heart, but not until after Lee had left and told you he was dead." Frank shrugged, "and that's all I know for right now."

"Where is he now?" Elizabeth asked, her voice still shaking.

"He's at the infirmary," Frank answered,

"Can I, can I go see him?" She continued. Her emotions were running wild. First Jack was dead, then he wasn't. She was relieved that he was still alive but worried. He had still been shot.

"I don't see why not." he smiled. Sher returned the smile weakly. "I can go with you if you want." he offered. Elizabeth shook her head.

"No, it's okay," she said as she stood up, setting the cup on the table in front of her. "Thank you," she added as she headed for the door.

"I think I'll go with her," Abigail stated. Frank nodded.

"Is there anything you need me to do around here?" he asked.

"No, no, it's fine. You were obviously on the way to the church, thanks for taking the time to explain everything." She smiled.

"Anytime." he answered, "I'm just sorry all of this happened."