Chapter 7

"I don't want to go with Chloe," Adrien sighed.

"Me neither but we kind of owe it to her. She's trying so hard to be nice to us and she's helping you stay safe from those bullies."

"I guess," Adrien rubbed his neck, looking down into the school ground.

"Hey come on, it'll be fun as long as me and you are together right?" Marinette smiled, patting his shoulder.

"Yeah, you're right," he smiled back. She had a point, being near Marinette always made his days better, even if he wasn't Chat, and even if Chloe was there.

"Marinette!" Chloe beamed, running down the school steps and hugging Marinette. "Sorry for taking so long, I was busy." Adrien flinched at the hug, something that didn't go unnoticed by Marinette.

"Oh, ahh...no problem Chloe," Marinette slowly pushed Chloe off.

"Sabrina isn't coming so it'll just be me and you," Chloe smiled.

"And me," Adrien butt in.

"Right you too," Chloe glared at Adrien who crossed his arms and glared back. "I called my Chauffeur, he should be here any second."

"Chauffeur? You have someone drive you around?" Marinette awed.

"Of course I do, silly," Chloe giggled. "Oh there he is!" Chloe waved at the car that had just pulled up, before wrapping her arm around Marinette's.

Adrien watched as Chloe led Marinette to the car, him trailing behind like a third wheel. Chloe had hugged his girlfriend and was now holding her close as if they were best friends. She was brave and confident, something he lacked. Plagg's words came to him and he frowned, he needed to be more like Chat if he ever stood a chance with Marinette as Adrien. He needed to stop hiding, stop being shy, and grab what was rightfully his. He was getting tired of Chloe parading Marinette around when it should be his arms around hers. It should be him giving Marinette a hug whenever he saw her.

"Allow me," Adrien skipped in front of the duo and opened the backdoors.

"Thanks," Marinette smiled as she sat down, he tried to get into the car after but Chloe butt in, pushing Adrien to the side. But he wouldn't budge so easily, he walked around the car, opening the door on the other side and taking the seat next to Marinette so that she was in the middle of them. Adrien looked sideways to Chloe and smirked. She glared back at him as she told her driver where to go.

"Um, I'm going to be honest Chloe, I can't afford anything from that place. It's too expensive," Marinette nervously frowned.

"Please Marinette, do you really think I'm going to let my best friend pay?" Chloe grinned.

"Oh no, it's okay Chloe, really. We can go to a cheaper store..."

"Nonsense, I only want the best for you," Chloe smiled placing her hand over Marinette's.

Adrien noticed and went stiff against Marinette. "I really think you should let Chloe pay too, Marinette. I mean it's her dad's money after all, not like she worked for it or anything." Chloe glared at Adrien across the car.

"Okay, how about this, you can buy me one dress Chloe, but only one dress," Marinette suggested.

"Alright, fine," Chloe huffed. "I'll just have to make sure that dress makes you look extra beautiful then."

"Well I don't think you need a dress to make you look beautiful, Marinette. You're already beautiful," Adrien gave a smug grin as Marinette looked at him with wide eyes and a gaping mouth as a blush came across her face. He turned his head at Chloe only to see her glaring at him again.