Chapter 14

"It's been quite a while, Adrien," Fu spoke. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine," Adrien tried to sit up but groaned at the pain in his side.

"Stay still son, try not to move," Tom patted him down. "You saved my daughter's life," he held Adrien's hand in his own. "You will always have a home with us now, that you've earned more than just my trust."

Adrien stared at Tom in disbelief, "Th-Thank you sir."

"Please, call me Tom."

"Thank you, Tom," Adrien smiled, turning to face Marinette as she sat in a chair beside his bed. She was fast asleep, her fingers intertwined with his own and her face on the bed. "Is she okay?"

"She is just fine," Tom smiled. "She told us how Chloe assaulted her and tried to stab her, but you took the hit instead..."

"It's my job to protect her," Adrien told him, keeping his eyes on Marinette.

Tom smirked, "Yes, yes it is." Tom let of Adrien's hands, "I will go tell the others you are awake." He left the room as the suited woman gave Fu an envelope. She flashed Adrien a smile before walking out with Tom.

Master Fu placed the envelope into Adrien's hands. "What's this?" Adrien asked.

"These are your official documents that I meant to you give you when I became your official guardian," Fu sighed. "Before you ran away, that is. Now that you're an adult, you can do as you please. You are your own man now Adrien."

Adrien looked down guiltily, "I'm sorry for running away...I just didn't want to be a burden to an old man."

"I'm not as weak as you think, Adrien," Fu grinned. "Who do you think gave you your ring?"

Adrien's eyes went wide, "You...?"

"Her earrings as well," Fu chuckled. "Looks like I made the right choice all those years ago. You two really seem to love each other...Plagg, Tikki, you can come out now."

"Master Fu! I've missed you!" Plagg zipped out of Marinette's purse to nuzzle his cheek.

"Hello Master Fu," Tikki giggled as Fu pet her.

"Wayzz has also missed you two," Fu told them as the green Kwami flew out from behind Fu.

"Is...is that another Kwami?" Adrien gulped as he watched the three Kwamis talk to each other.

"Yes, I too am a miraculous holder, just like you Adrien," Master Fu brought up his arm, showing off his bracelet.

"Why are you letting us know now? Why didn't you tell us before, we could've worked together to stop Hawkmoth!"

Fu sighed,"I am but an old man, why do you suppose I relied on you two to fight the Akumas?" Fu patted Adrien's shoulder, "Fear not Adrien, once you are well, we will talk more on this matter in private."

"Alright," Adrien agreed. Just then Kwamis flew away, hiding in their respective places. The door opened, with two police officers entering.

"Hello Adrien, nice to see you are doing well, I am detective Jones, and this is my partner, Lucas," his partner nodded at him. "Before we can allow anyone else to see you, we need your statement, as well as any questions you can answer for us, please." Fu and Tom walked out again, leaving the detectives alone with Adrien.

Adrien nodded; recounting everything he could remember leading up to his blackout. The cops exchanged looks, "Alright, everything adds up according to our other witnesses."