Chapter 13

"A-Adrien..." she gasped as they both leaned away from the kiss. Marinette turned to her parents to gauge their reactions. Not to her surprise, her dad got even furious.

"Why you little..." Tom clenched his teeth, Sabine moved forward, stopping him in his tracks.

"You...you really love her, don't you?" Sabine asked.

"Y-Yes," Adrien shyly answered. He exchanged looks with Marinette. He was scared, but hopeful. He trusted her, and she could see his undying love for her in his eyes. She would always protect him, even if it meant standing up to her parents.

"Marinette..." Tom sighed. "You're just a kid, you don't know what love is..." Tom stopped as Sabine whispered something into his ear. "B-But," Sabine gave Tom an annoyed look and he sighed.

"We'll give you two five minutes. Wash your faces and clean up, then we'll talk downstairs," Sabine told them.

"Adrien too?"

"Yes, both of you," Sabine answered as she led Tom down the stairs, closing the door behind them.

Marinette got up, bringing Adrien with her. She led him into the bathroom and turned on the tap. "Let me look at that bruise," she tilted his head down to get a better look.

"It doesn't hurt much anymore."

"Did my dad punch you or...?"

"No," Adrien shook his head. "He just pulled me down from the bed; I fell and hit my head."

Marinette sighed, "I'm sorry Adrien...I should've been more careful. I don't even know how he got inside my room; I always lock my door..."

"Don't worry about it Marinette, I told you, I'm used to living by myself."

"What are you talking about? You're not going anywhere! You're staying here with me," Marinette demanded.

"Marinette..." Adrien frowned. "I'm not going to break your family away from you. I already felt bad about sneaking behind their back to see you, but knowing that they could lose their daughter because of me is too much...Besides I don't need you, I can survive well enough on my own...I can still visit you from every now and then anyways."

"You might not need me Adrien, but I need you," Marinette crossed her arms.

"You need your parents!" Adrien huffed. "I'm not going to let you run away from them just because of me."

"Why not! We can just find another abandoned building like the one you were living in...maybe one with electricity and...and a mini fridge."

"It's not that easy, I'm not going to subject you to that kind of life!"

"It's my choice!" She argued.

"Yeah, but you're being stupid!" he yelled back.

"Marinette!" Sabine called out.

Marinette sighed, "Let's go see what they want."

ooo

"I think we should let him stay," Sabine told Tom.

"Are you out of your mind Sabine," Tom argued. "We don't know the boy..."

"We might not, but she does," Sabine sighed. "I know that look in her eyes, she really loves and cares for him. Besides they've been together for a couple weeks anyways..."

"He belongs in an orphanage, where he could get proper care..."

"You heard Marinette, she will run away with him," Sabine reminded him.