Hot Tubs and Cock Blocks

NIALL

Rushing with the suitcase in my hands, I pushed through the glass doors of the busy office building and up 3 flights of stairs to get to Louis' office.

I peeked my head in the doorframe and saw that it was empty.

Quietly I tiptoed inside and set the suitcase down on the table and turned in my heel tto walk out.

Ha-Ha! Succe-

"Where do you think your going Horan?"

Damn.

Louis swiveled in his chair and faced me.

"Oh you know..just meeting up with an old friend." It wasn't necessarily a lie unless old counts as in 30 minutes ago.

"Anyone in particular, mate?"

"No, course not."

"Good. Then you'll have time to tell me why you're so god damned late."

"Traffic is brutal."

"Did you honestly just use the oldest line in the book? Do you truly believe I'm going to believe that?" He laughed

"Erm..I was hoping"

"I don't understand..Nobody could've been there..unless..was someone with you?"

I could feel the heat rush to my face. Why am I blushing?

"No." I lied

"Bennett?" He smirked knowingly.

How the hell..

"She's quite the looker isn't she?"

"Yeah definitely"

"Is that who you're meeting?"

I remained silent.

"Ohh. I see. Well good luck with that mate."

"We're not dating or anything. its casual."

"Mhmm. Summer lovin' had me a blast, Summer lovin' happened so fast " he sang.

"It's winter Lou." I deadpanned

"Maybe so, but I can a feel the fiery inferno of summer in your heart" he winked.

"Right. Well I'm taking this inferno back home."

"Aw Mate I didn't mean to embarrass you," he chuckled, "But I can tell you're worked up over her."

"Am not!" I arugued childishly. Honestly, I'm not.

"Hey look there, it's Cassidy"

"Where?" I asked straiting out my hoodie and turning around so quickly that I bumped my bad knee on the corner of Lou's desk.

"Damn it Louis!" Of course he'd trick me.

I went out the door walking with a limp leaving with the little dignity I had left, trying to look as badass as possible.

When I got home I pulled out my phone and hit Cassidy's number on my phone. she answered almost immediately.

"Hello?"

"Hey love, it's Niall."

"Oh, right."

"Does the offer still stand?"

"Definitely."

"Do you want to come over?"

"Sure. Text me the address. I'll be there in ten minutes, I don't live very far."