Chapter Fourteen: Merry Christmas

I looked at my reflection in the mirror when my phone lit up

I looked at my reflection in the mirror when my phone lit up. I grabbed it, seeing I had a text from Molly Hooper.

Greg left one of your presents in the morgue by accident the other day. He was on his way out and said you'd left it in the car. Want me to bring it by?

It was Christmas, and Mrs. Hudson was having a party. I had wrapped my presents at Greg's place, and I'd thought I was missing one. I walked over to my bag, surveying the presents. I'd forgotten Sherlock's. 

Yes, please. I'm so glad you found it. Thank you so much.

It's really no problem.

Thanks again.

I walked over to the mirror, putting on some red lipstick. Red isn't really a color I wear a lot, and lipstick isn't really my thing, but I had a plan.

I was giving Sherlock a deduction for Christmas.

I mean, obviously there was still a present, and one I was rather excited about, but I was, at the same time, telling him how I feel about him through deductions, and just praying that he will keep it to himself.

I slid into my flats and grabbed my presents, making my way upstairs. I reached their floor, the doorbell rang. I opened the door to reveal Molly, carrying her own presents.

"Claudia, hi! You look beautiful."

"Thanks Molly. Come on in." I moved so she could walk past me, shutting the door behind her and following her up the stairs.

"Hello everyone." She greeted.

"Hi Molly, hello Molly"

"Everybody saying hello to each other, how wonderful!" Sherlock said dryly. I came in behind her.

"Oh, Claudia...you look lovely dear." Mrs. Hudson told me.

"Thank you. As do you." I offered a polite nod to Jon's most recent girlfriend. Molly took her coat off, revealing her dress.

"Holy Mary." John exclaimed.

"I love your dress!" I exclaimed.

"Everybody's having their Christmas drinkies then?" I looked to Greg to see him staring at her body. I elbowed him.

"Close your mouth." I whispered.

"No stopping them apparently." Sherlock replied.

"It's the one day a year where the boys have to be nice to me so it's almost worth it." Sherlock sat at John's laptop and I made my way over to him.

"John?"

"Hmm." John came over as well.

"The counter on your blog, it still says one thousand eight hundred and ninety five."