Chapter Thirty: The Game Is On

"Falls of the Reichenbach. Turner's masterpiece, thankfully recovered owing to the prodigious talents of Mr. Sherlock Holmes and Ms. Claudia Lestrade." Everyone in the room applauded, and I found myself picking at my nails, my hands folded in front of me.  "A small token of our gratitude for the both of you."

They handed Sherlock a small box, wrapped in red paper and a black ribbon, and they handed me one with light blue paper and a yellow ribbon.

"Diamond cufflinks."

"Diamond earrings." I deduced.

"All my cuffs have buttons."

"He means thank you." I corrected. "We both thank you very much."

"Do I?"

"Just say it." John told him.

"Thank you." He went to leave, but John held him back so the newspapers could take our picture. 

~~~

"Back together with my family, after my terrifying ordeal. And we have two people to thank for my deliverance, Sherlock Holmes and Claudia Lestrade." They all applauded again, and the little boy handed both of us a neatly wrapped package. I took both of them, smiling in thanks and handing Sherlock his. He shook it.

"Tie pin."

"Necklace." I deduced.

"I don't wear ties."

"Shh." John urged.

~~~

"Peter Ricoletti. Number one on Interpol's most wanted list since 1982." Greg stated. "But we got him, and there two people we have to thank for giving us the decisive leads with all their customary diplomacy and tact."

"Sarcasm." John whispered.

"Yes." Greg walked over to us.

"We all chipped in." First, Greg clipped a charm bracelet around my wrist. It was cold, and had a plate with my name engraved on it.

 It was cold, and had a plate with my name engraved on it

"It's beautiful, thank you." I said, hugging Greg. Next he handed Sherlock a wrapped package. He opened it, revealing a deerstalker, and I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. Everyone laughed.

"Put the hat on! Put the hat on!"

"Yeah, Sherlock. Put it on." Greg urged him. I shot him a pointed look, but he just laughed at me.

"Just get it over with." john muttered. He handed John the wrapping paper, putting it on his head.

~~~

Sherlock paced around the flat with his deerstalker in hand, and John and I sat on the couch.

" 'Boffin'? Boffin Sherlock Holmes." He slapped the newspaper down on the coffee table. John put down his paper, picking up Sherlock's.