Ch. 5 A Ball

Marinette's POV

Oh. My. Gosh. Adrian asked me to a charity event with him. I can't believe it! I've been jumping around squealing for the past half hour. Tikki has been trying to get me to calm down for a while.

"Marinette, calm down, you still need to pick out an outfit to go to the event with Adrian!" She said.

I looked at her with horror.

"You're right Tikki, I have no Idea what I'm going to wear!" I yelled.

I quickly grabbed my sketchbook and starting making designs. I was scratching design after design. Finally, after hours, I came up with the perfect dress. It was pink with a black bow in the middle. (Image above) After I had finished sewing it together I put it on and matched it with pink shoes. I went in front of the mirror and did a little twirl.

"Wow, Marinette! You Look incredible!" Said Tikki.

"Thanks Tikki!" I said. 

Before I knew it, it was time for the charity event. 

"Marinette, Adrian has arrived!" My mom yells.

"Coming mom!" I called back.

When I got downstairs, I saw Adrian waiting for me. He looked so handsome in his black suit, which he matched with a green tie. 

"Ready to go Marinette?" Asked Adrian

"R-Ready as I'll ever be." I replied. 

Outside, there was a limo waiting for us. I was shocked. I had never ridden in a limo before. When we got inside, Adrian and I sat in a comfortable silence. I wanted to make conversation, but I didn't really know how. But I had to start somewhere.

"So, Adrian, your father is hosting a charity event?" I managed to say.

He looked at me with his piercing green eyes.

"Yeah, he's the one who is hosting it, but its mainly just to chat with his business partners and try to find new ones."

"And your forced to attend?" I asked.

"Yeah, as the son of Gabriel Agreste, its expected for me to be there. But It's okay, I've gotten used to it." 

I can't imagine how hard it must be for Adrian. All these girls have a crush on him, but it's not because they like his personality, it's because he rich and a model. He's also expected to do all these things for his father. I wouldn't want to be his shoes.

The rest of the ride was silent, and when we finally got there, I was amazed at what I saw. The place was elegantly decorated and everyone here was wearing beautiful gowns and tuxes. I was in so much awe looking at the place, but unfortunalty, I got a quick reality check when I heard her obnoxious voice.

"Adrikins! You made it! I was worried you'd be late."

She looked over at me

"What are YOU doing here. This place is only for people who have class. The fast-food restaurant is down the road." she said.

"Actually Chloe, Marinette is my date." Adrian said

Chloe had a look of shock on her face. 

"Adrikins, you chose to take her to this place. She doesn't belong! Why would you go with her when you could've gone with me?" She asked, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"Chloe, can you come here a moment?" Her father called

"Coming daddy!" She called back, she started to walk to her fathe but not before shooting daggers at me.