Ch.7 A kiss

Adrien's POV

I have no idea how Ladybug does it. When Fear Master threw multiple fear blasts at me, I tripped and Fear Master was about to hit me when Ladybug took the hit for me. NO! Ladybug! She shouldn't have done that, she's the only one who can purify the akuma, and restore everything the way it was. How was I supposed to do this now? After she was hit, she curled herself into a ball. I couldn't tell what she was seeing, but whatever it, she was terrified. Fear Master smirked.

"Well, looks like Ladybug is a scaredy bug" She laughed

"You're going to regret that!" I yelled and started attacking her. Where could her akuma be? It didn't look like there was anything prominent that could hold the akuma. Ladybug started whimpering. Pour Bugaboo, all I wanted to do was comfort her, tell her everything would be alright, but I can't I have to fight this Akuma. Fear master kept throwing fear blasts at me, but I kept dodging them. Suddenly, I saw Ladybug crying. It stunned me for a minute, and Fear master took advantage. She used her fear blasts and pinned me against the wall. How many things can those blasts do? She walked toward sme and was about to grab my ring.

"Well, would you look at that. Fear always wins" she said, just about to grab my ring.

Suddendly something red hit her hand away from my ring. We both turned to see ladybug standing there. How did she break free of the fear blast?!

"Sorry fear master, but as long as some people have courage, fear will never win." Wow, M'lady never fails to amaze me.

"LUCKY CHARM!" she yelled

her lucky charm gave her a mirror, but before she could even figure out what to do with it, Fear Master tried hitting her with a fear blast. Ladybug quickly used the mirror to deflect it and it hit Fear Master. Ladybug walked up to her and smashed her earrings. The akuma came out and Ladybug purified it. When did she notice the earrings? She's so incredible.

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG" she yelled, and everything went back to normal and I was freed. Ladybug went over to comfort the girl who had been akumatized, then walked over to where I was standing. I held out my fist, expecting her to do a fist bump, and say pound it with me, like we usually do. Instead, she did something that caught me completely by surprise. She went up to me and hugged me. I was stunned for am moment, but then I hugged her back. It was rare to have an intimate moment with Ladybug because we only ever saw each other while fighting and then we each had to leave or we'd have our identities exposed. I hugged her back and relished the moment, but then she said

"Thank you, Cat Noir" Then she turned and left. What? Thanks for what? I went home still confused and detransformed. Plagg came flying out.

"What was that all about?" He asked

"I don't know plagg, I don't know what going on in her head!" I told him, so utterly confused.

"This is why I prefer Cheese to girls." He said, and to my surprise, he went into the care package Marinette had given me. Since when did he like sweets? Plagg came out holding a cheese croissant. In the care package, Marinette didn't just give me cookies, but also macaroons, tarts and of course, croissants.

"Tell Marinette to pack more of these next time, they are delicious!" Plagg exclaimed.

I sighed and lay down on my bed. I still feel kinda bad about letting her openly confess to me through a mask, but there is nothing I can do now. Wait, Marinette! Maybe she could help me make sense of all this comotion with ladybug!

"Plagg, claws out!" I yelled

"Just a minute I haven't finished eating my croiss-" He didn't get to finish his sentence as he was sucked into my miraculous. After I transformed into Cat Noir, I jumped my way to Marinette's house. When I arrived, I knocked on her window. She opened it with a smile on her face.

"Cat Noir, What a surprise" she said.

"Can't a knight in shining armor visit his princess from time to time?" He asked

She ushered me in, and went to be her baked goods. On her computer, she was looking at the ladyblog, with today's
akuma attack being on the front page. When Marinette came back she came with croissants and cookies. While we were eating, I just had to ask her.

"So, what do you think of the battle that happened this morning?"I asked her. I was genuinely curious what she thought.

"Well, it seemed like a really hard battle, especially since ladybug was down for a few moments, I'm glad you are alright"

I had to ask her. She was the only person who could help me make sense of this.

"Marinette... after the battle, ladybug hugged me, and thanked me. But, I have no idea what she was thanking me for. Do you have any ideas? What was different today from any other day?"

She was silent for a few minutes, before replying.

"Well, I cant speak for ladybug, but I imagine her worst fear is what you will think of her beneath the mask. I mean, you like her, you look up to her, but without the mask, maybe she's scared you'll see her as an entirely different person"

"So what do you think happened."

"I'm not saying this did happen, but maybe, when she was facing her worst hear, you somehow helped her overcome it. I think it would be the only way to break free of the fear blast would be to overcome your fear."

I thought it over. It did make sense. Ladybug was crying when under the impulse of the fear blast, is it possible that i somehow helped her overcome it? It would certainly explain her actions. I'll ask her about it later. I looked at the clock. It was nearly time for patrol with ladybug. Where did all the time go?

"Sorry Marinette, but I have to go or I'll be late for patrol with ladybug. You know I never miss an opportunity to hang out with my bugaboo."

"Alright then, see you soon Cat Noir!" She called out as I ran to meet ladybug st the Eiffel Tower. After a couple of minutes, ladybug showed up.

"Hey m'lady, ready for patrol?"

"Yeah, just do the rounds and meet back here, right"

"Of course bugaboo!"

She rolled her eyes and went in one direction, and I went in the other. Once we met up, we both just sat silently and looked at the city. If I was ever going to ask her, this was the time

"Ladybug?" I asked her cautiously

"Yes?" She replied

"When You were hit with the fear blast, what was your worst fear?" I asked

She looked away and sighed.

"Cat noir, my biggest fear in the world is, losing you. One way or another, wether you find out my identity, and or disappointed with the person behind the mask, or something happens to you. Ladybug is nothing with cat noir. I need you. You are always there when I need encouragement, and I know you'll always be there by my side. When I was hit with the fear blast, my identity was revealed and you hated me, but then, a different cat noir appeared, the real one came into the fear blast and helped me overcome my fear. So thank you Cat Noir, for always being my trusted partner, and for being there no matter what."

Ladybug leaned in closer to me, and gave me a kiss. It was just a quick peck on my lips, but it made me blush harder than I ever have in my entire life.

"Goodnight, Cat Noir, I'll see you soon"

As I went home that night and detransformed, plagg came flying out. I was still blushing like crazy.

"So, it seemed lover boys charms are finally working" plagg teased.

"Shut up plagg" I replied, but a smile was broth to my face. Does ladybug like me? Even if she doesn't, I feel like we've gotten closer together. I've said it once, and I'll say it a million times, whoever she is behind that mask, I love that girl.