Ch.17 A battle between Ladybug and Cat Noir

Marinette POV

I was sitting silently on my bed. I was deep in thought. What am going to do? Am I supposed to defend Paris on my own? I sighed. 

"Tikki, has there ever been a ladybug without a Cat Noir?" I asked her.

"No, they have always worked together and worked out their differences if they had some. This has never happened before." tikki told me. 

Sort out their differences. I needed to talk with Cat Noir. Even if Cat Noir hated me, we needed to stay as a team to protect Paris. I went out on my balcony for some fresh air. I saw a black figure that I've come to recognize as Cat Noir running across buildings. Where's he going? 

"Tikki spots on," I said. I quietly followed Cat Noir. He went to another alley. Geez, what's with him and alleys lately? I saw the girl he was always meeting up with, but I got a better look at her this time. She had light brown hair and light blue eyes. They kissed. It hurt my heart and I was about to leave when they started talking.

"Hello Kitty," She said.

"Hello Raven," He replied.

So Raven is the name of the girl who stole Cat Noir's heart from me. 

"How have you been?" She asked.

"Fine." He replied. She began playing with his hair.

"I love you," she said. Gag

"I-I love-" He cut off

"The spell seems to be wearing off. Hang on." He necklace began to glow. (Necklace at the top) 

What? What's happening? While the necklace was glowing, Cat Noir looked to be in a daze. What was she doing to Cat Noir? When the necklace stopped glowing, Cat Noir seemed to return to consciousness.  

"Now, let's try this again. I love you" She said.

"I love you too," He said.

Oh, this bi-. 

"Well, if you see Ladybug Cat Noir, you know what you have to. She's trying to get in the way of our love, so you need to take her miraculous, so we can deliver it to Hawkmoth." She said.

She's an akuma! Her akuma must be in her necklace. 

"See you soon Cat Noir," She said.

"Goodbye M'lady," He said.

Arghh. I needed to get home. When I arrived at my bedroom, I detransformed.

"you were right Tikki! It was part of a bigger picture. He's being controlled by an akuma." I told Tikki.

"Well, now you know what you must do."

"Yes tikki, but it will be easier said than done. Raven has Cat Noir under a spell, and he's after my miraculous." I said

"Yes, but you have an advantage. You know where the akuma is, and you also know that the spell is only temporary. She needs to keep coming near him to replenish it." 
"You're right Tikki, but this is going to be the hardest battle of my life." 

"You should probably wait for an akuma attack before you transform so that he doesn't suspect anything." Tikki said

"well, it shouldn't be too long. All we have to do is wait." I told her.

A couple of hours went by and still no akuma. I was starting to get anxious.

"patience Marinette. An akuma will show up" She soothed.

"I just can't help it Tikki. I can't bear to do anything while Cat Noir is under an Akuma's spell." We heard a crash from outside.

"Well, it looks like you won't have to wait any longer," Tikki said.