Ch.9 Love is in Bloom

Marinette POV

I was thinking about was Adrien had said. Maybe he was right. Adrien never thought of me as anything as a friend, and Cat Noir has told me again and again how he feels for me. Even if it is mainly through puns. For the first time, I found myself wondering for the first time who was beneath the mask. Was he as charming under the mask? Did all the girls swoon over him? I'm sure if I saw Cat Noir out of the mask I'd be able to identify him by his charm and flirting skills. I picked up the rose and danced around the room, then proceeded to fall on my bed and sighed.

"Marinette, are thinking of Cat Noir?" Tikki asked

"Yes," I told her. I couldn't stop thinking of Cat Noir. He was all I could think about lately. His smile, his green eyes, gosh, even the puns. He's making me crazy. But the question is, am I just crazy, or am I becoming crazy in love?

"Tikki, I want to see him," I told her

"Just say the words Marinette"

"Tikki spots on!"

After the transformation, I used my yoyo and flung myself to the Eiffel tower. I doubt I would see Cat Noir, there was no akuma, nor did we set up a patrol. I was simply in my alter ego hoping he would show up. I sat down enjoying the view. Suddenly, I heard screaming from down below. I looked down and saw an akumatized victim.

"I'm the proclaimationer! Whoever shall be hit with my proclamation arrows proclaim their love to whom they love. I won't let cowards stand in the way of true love!"

Oh, Cookies. Right, I need to stop him. He was hit people with arrows left and right and they were telling everybody, shouting to the skies.

"Ashlynn, I loved you since we first met on the first day in college!"

"Oh Derrick you've held my heart for the longest time."

It just kept going. The proclaimationer was about to hit another victim, but I knocked it away before it hit her. The proclaimationer turned and saw me.

"Ah Ladybug! I will love to find out who you truly love, and what your heart desires, but first, I will take your Miraculous!" He called out.

He proceeded to try and hit me with his arrows, but I dodged and hit away all the arrows that came my way. one was about to hit me but it was blocked by a silver baton.

"So this explains why a bunch of girls were chasing after me, proclaiming their love. I am popular with the ladies" Cat Noir said.

"I hope the ladies screaming your name won't distract you before we can capture the akuma" I told him

"But Bugaboo, you know I only have eyes for you!" He said.

I rolled my eyes and we continued to fight. Though I didn't say it, I was quite happy he said that. As we continued to fight, I noticed that he had a box slightly sticking out of his pocket. On closer inspection, I realized what it was. An engagement ring! He was getting ready to propose. He must've backed out or not had the opportunity to do it. While I figured out where the akuma was, I didn't notice that the proclaimationer aim an arrow at me.

"Ladybug! NO!" He yelled. He jumped in front of me and took the arrow.

"NO!!!" I yelled.

After he was hit, his green eyes became clouded. He turned around and looked at me.

"Ladybug, The first time we met, I was amazed at how cool and collected we were as we faced stoneheart. The next day, you told all of Paris that you and I would always be there to protect Paris. Ever since that moment you have captured my heart. I know that you may take my flirting as a harmless jokes just for fun, but what I say, I mean it ladybug. You are the most amazing person I've ever met"