Ch.16 The Rose has Wilted

Marinette's POV

I ran out of the alleyway. Tears were streaming down my face. How could he? How dare he?! He spent months, every single mission he would flirt with me. Then when he finally had captured my heart, he throws it away like trash. I got home and detransformed. My vision was blurry with all the tears that were coming down my face. 

"Oh, Marinette," Tikki said.

"He lied, Tikki! He's nothing but a liar! He played with my heart and now he's throwing it away!" I sobbed. 

"It's alright Marinette. You'll be alright." Tikki tried to reassure me. I don't know what I would do without Tikki. I can't go to Alya because it happened with my alter ego. Without Tikki, I would probably lose my mind.

 I walked up to the vase that held all the roses I had collected from Cat Noir. I picked up the vase and moved to the trash. One by one, I picked them and put them in the garbage bin. Each memory replaying in my mind as I threw them away. When we visited the hospital, when we were just talking on the Eiffel tower, when we got ice cream and I fell asleep on him, and of course, when he found his way into my heart with his surprise that he had planned for me. Had it all been for show? I just didn't know anymore. I went to my bed and cried myself to sleep. 

The next morning, I didn't go to school. My mom noticed how pale I looked and insisted I stay in bed. Tikki was still trying to comfort me. 

"Marinette, are you alright?" She asked

"No, tikki I'm not alright," I told her. I was heartbroken. I now understood all of those love relate akumas. I shot up out of bed. 

"Tikki!" I called out to her. She was startled but quickly recovered.

"Marinette, what is it?" She asked, concerned.

"Am I at risk to become an akuma?" I asked her.

Tikki became silent. 

"You are at risk to become an akuma as Marinette. But as ladybug, you wouldn't have that risk. Not only could you purify the akumas before they got to you, but I would be able to protect you from the miraculous stone. I wouldn't let hawkmoth hurt you Marinette." She told me. 

"Oh Tikki," I said. I cupped her in my hands and kissed her forehead. 

"You are truly the best thing that could've happened in my life," I told her. 

"I doubt that Marinette." She said

"No, if I had never met you, I wouldn't have been able to help hundreds of people, I wouldn't be as confident as I am, and I wouldn't have the most amazing friend I could ask for."

"Thanks, Marinette," She said. 

"Well, let's be safe rather than sorry. Tikki spots on!" I called out.

I transformed and patrolled the city, looking for any signs of akumas.  I heard screams and ran toward the sound. a girl was being held by a boy. I jumped down to them. 

"Hey, let the girl go," I told him. 

"I don't think so." He said and transformed into a wolf, the girl on his back and ran off. Okay, he's a werewolf? I chase after him. Man, he was a fast wolf. While following him, I lost track of him, so I stopped on a building to try and relocate him. 

"Hello, M'lady." I turned around to see cat Noir there. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, Cat Noir, glad to see you could show up today. Last time there was an akuma, you certainly seemed busy." I told him. 

"What are you talking about ladybug?" He asked.

"As if you don't know. Well, I'm going to find the akuma, if you want to, you could go, as you obviously have things more important to do than save Paris." I told him. Just at that moment, I spotted the akuma. I flung my yoyo and went after him. Cat Noir was close behind me. When we landed, the werewolf turned around and growled at us. I didn't see anywhere where the akuma could be, so it must be in his human form. Since I didn't want to talk to Cat Noir, I just called it out. I wanted this to be over and done with.