Arc 2: Possession: Chapter 6: Azure

Sorry about being this late. I had and still have a lot of stuff going on. And the next one might be just as late. Plus, this one was accidentally deleted. I had to rewrite it after having fully written it....
On with the chapter?
_______________________________________

The forest was dense and the thick fog at his knee level, convinced Reiki that this forest must've been used in the horror movies Akashi had been trying to send him the day before the mission.

Six figures circled around Storm and Reiki, growling.

Oh. Yeah. And they were being attacked by these.... people? He really couldn't tell. The Magic Energy was strange here.

"Come out," commanded Reiki.

The figures paid no mind to what Reiki said. Instead they increased their speed. Circling around them faster by the minute until it looked as if there was a black ring circling them. The 'ring' started to glow.

Reiki tried to grab Storm and jump away. But the second his hand made contact with Storm's skin he pulled back, hissing. He took a glance at his hand. His fingertips were covered in frost.

The glow became brighter.

"Fine then," murmured Reiki, his gaze dating left and right. He kicked Storm in the abdomen toward the sky. Storm was instantly knocked out. Jumping up himself, he caught Storm with his armored shoulder jumping a safe distance away from the figures. He took a glance at Storm. His hair was turning black again. Interesting....

He looked back to where the figures had once stood, only to find a patch of scorched earth. Reiki looked around for the figures but they were no where to be found.

All of a sudden, an orb of white light shot out at him. Reiki jumped back, throwing Storm over his shoulder. The earth where he had once stood was scorched. More of those white orbs were sent at him. He kept on jumping backwards, ending up out of the forest. The attack stopped just as it had begun.

Reiki narrowed his eyes.

He ran inside the forest again.

Something else was going on here.

More of those orbs were fired at him, but he took out the sword strapped to his back and started deflecting them.

If he moved toward the lacrima crystal, then there was a big chance he'd be followed. But if he moved away, there were two possibilities. Either he was being lured away from the crystal so the figures could get it for themselves or they were guarding the crystal from him.

A white orb whipped past his head, Reiki barely managed to dodge it. He was starting to become convinced it was the latter. He was going to find out why. But first, he'd have to find a cave to rest in, for his comrade.

~~~

Nash stared at the brick wall in front of him. He was confused. "Hey, Blue? Do you think some–"

He glanced to his right shoulder. That's when he realized that he had already sent Blue away. "Right. Good job, Nash. At making an effective mini-plan but getting rid of your only escape option."

He took out the book he had borrowed from the guild's library on the village's location, reading it. It didn't explain anything on the Magic energy he felt.