Twelve

"Good morning." Michael says once I stop stretching.

"Morning." I respond. "Actually it's afternoon."

Michael shrugged.

"Hey, do you think you could show me around today?" I asked.

"I don't run." He informed me.

"Do you lift weights or anything?" I ask.

"Not really."

"You don't work out?" He shook his head. "You're telling me that this," I lifted his arm in the air, looking at his biceps. "Doesn't work out?"

"You got it right."

"Liar." I say.

"I'm not lying!"

"Yes you are! Your just trying to impress me!"

"Maybe, maybe not." He said looking over his shoulder.

"I knew it!" I say victoriously.

"Yeah, but I still don't know bout running. I don't know good spots to jog and stuff."

"Just give me a map." I told him.

After showering and dressing in black running shorts and a bright green sports bra, a pulled my hair up and put in my contacts. I tied my gym shoes and walked into the living room.

"I didn't steal them this time!" Ashton said, he was on the couch, putting his hands up innocently. I laughed and walked in the kitchenette where Luke was making a sandwich.

"Who took your shirts this time?" He joked.

"I'm going on a run, it's 87 out, what else do you expect me to wear?" I explained in a question.

"True that."

"The front desk will have maps, right?" I ask, grabbing an apple.

"Yeah." Ash responds.

*****

"Woah! Are you British?" A little boy asks me.

"Yup." I say, giving him my 50 cent coin in return for the lemonade, I got $1000 worth of Australian dollars and coins from The Mentor, but have to give them all the rest back that I didn't use.

"That's so cool!" His friend said.

"Thanks." I drank my lemonade and placed my cup in the little trash bag they had. "Thank you for the lemonade!" I waved good bye and started to run again.

Three miles after lemonade, the sky started to darken, I shrugged it off, thinking that the clouds would just pass by.

BOOM!

A big clash of thunder rocked the ground, soon after, a lightning bolt appeared and thunder followed quickly after. A few minutes later, it started to pour, and I didn't know where I was. I was in the middle of nowhere and my only hopes were to either keep running, or knock I'm the door of a creepy old house.

So I kept running.

I came up upon an old, run down motel, but it still had a few cars in the car park.

I walked in and the lady working front desk asked me if I needed a room, I told her that I was fine.

I got my phone out and attempted to turn it on.

Nothing.

My phone was water logged and I'm in the middle of nowhere. Great.

"Um, excuse me." I got the lady behind the desk's attention right before she lit a cigarette. "Is there a phone I could use?"

Sharleen, that was her name, wordlessly handed me a 20 cent coin from an ash tray and pointed at a pay phone.

I dialed Luke's number. Voicemail.

"Hey, Luke. This is Delilah, I got lost on my run and I need someone to pick me up in the rain on in a motel about 16 miles away. Um, yeah! Please pick me up!" I hung up and picked up another 20 cent coin off the ground. I called Calum. Voicemail. Ashton. Voicemail. Michael. Voicemail.

Repeat.

The clock said it was 7:37.

"Uh, Sharleen?" I asked. "I think I will take a room."

____________________________________________________________

Oh no! Poor Delilah! How will she contact the boys? Or will she just run back..... If she can remember her way back! Okay, bye!

-Sarah

VOTE! FAN! COMMENT! Go to the art museum?

BYE!

P.S Sorry for the late update! My network was down yesterday!