Chapter VIII: Sweet Home?

-Courtney's POV-

I honestly think Ace was serious. He already decided to buy a house and buy some furniture. He also has a job as a mechanical engineer. I didn't really want to stay in one spot, I've been used to all the running around now. Everything in my life changed when I met Ace. I was not abused by my older brother, I had control over my powers, sorta, and I hadn't been rapped in a long time! I had a different feeling tho, like something wasn't right. That's when I noticed that I had rolled under my bed and gotten my left foot stuck in one of the springs.

"Damn it!" I said under my breath and I tried to loosen it. Nothing happened I ended up just getting it more stuck in there. I squirmed to the the bottom of the bed with my foot still stuck under there and looked up. To my surprise Ace was looking over the end of the bed at me. He gave me a sly grin before taking a picture. He then lifted the mattress off the bed and helped get my foot lose. It was quite embarrassing being in only shorts and a tank top, no bra also. I crossed my arms as I waited for a reply.

"A thank you is necessary you know." he said.

"Thank you." I said walking to the bathroom to get ready. I opened the shower curtain and my eyes got wide. A man was in our shower! He looked at me and threw water on me and ran out the door buck ass nude. I stood there dripping wet when Ace came in. He just laughed and laughed at me. Why can't embarrassing stuff happen to him.

I quickly dried off before I started burning. I brushed my teeth and my hair. Ace was insisting on shopping for blankets for our new home.

"You ready?" he asked all excited.

"Yea I don't see wh-"

"Don't. You already know why we are doing this so stop asking." He cut me off. He always hated when I would ask him.

So we got to the store and he was looking at a bunch of stuff while I sat in a chair bored as hell. Ace had really no fashion sense what so ever. That's when someone caught my eye. It was the same man and his gang who jumped us.

"Ace let's get out of here." I said jumping off the chair and running towards him.

"Why?"

"Because that dick and his gang our back!" I was terrified. I've always been afraid.

"I'll take them don't worry." Ace said rolling up his sleeves.

"Don't Ace! we have enough trouble on our backs let's just go."

"No"

-Ace's POV-

I grabbed my arm back and headed for the guys. I hated them they were ruining my dream if actually having a family and a home. They needed to be stopped. Before I knew it I was on the ground with a guy on too if me holding a bat. I guess I had gotten lost in my thoughts. I saw Courtney being held by one of the guys.

"Like I said before dude she belongs to us!" one of the guys said.

"No she doesn't" I pushed the guy off me and punched him in the face. I was so pissed at this guy trying to be all cool and take the girl. Like any old movie who ever wins the fight gets the girl. In this case he was going to take her anyways so I had to stop him.

Apparently she had the same idea because we both were using our powers. Fire and Shadow! I loved seeing us together doing this but ya no whatever. After all the guys were dead on the floor, she had gotten use to killing people. Good for her. She then just fell over. I didn't understand they hadn't hit her.

-Courtney's POV-

I woke up in our hotel room. We were still staying there because he 'hadn't finished decorating' even tho Chris was the one decorating. My head was spinning and I quickly rushed to the bathroom. I started to puke, and I felt like I was going to pass out again. I sat next to the toilet while still leaning over it. What was wrong with me? Why did I feel like this? I hadn't been hurt at all. Wait.....