Chapter 1

Natasha, Wanda, and you sit in a local coffee shop in Lagos, all at different tables. Steve is up in a room while Sam is on a roof.

"Alright, what do you see?" Steve's voice comes through the comms unit.

"Standard beat cops. Small station." Wanda says looking towards a couple of cops standing by the police station across the street from the coffee shop. "Quiet street. It's a good target."

Steve looks through the window, possessing a perfect view of the street. "There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?"

"Cameras." Wanda responds.

"Both cross streets are one way."

"So compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out." Steve corrects. "You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"Yeah, the red one? Its cute." Wanda says.

"It's also bullet proof." You say over the comms.

"Which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Nat adds.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda asks while you ask, "You guys know I can be there and back in under a second, right?"

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature."

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam says walking along the rooftop.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Nat retaliates.

"Eyes on target, folks." Steve sternly says. "This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him." Steve moves away from the window and throughout the room and to the other windows.

Sam scoffs. "If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us."

There is shouting and horn honking outside which draws Steve to another window in the room. "Sam... see that garbage truck? Tag it." Sam's Falcon drone flies from his back and towards the direction of the garbage truck.

"Give me x-ray." Sam says and his drone gives him an x-ray of the truck. "That truck's loaded for max weight and the driver's armed."

"It's a battering ram." You say.

"How do you know what a battering ram is?"

"Now's not the time Steve." You sass.

"Its not but your father will kill me if he finds out you know what it is without someone telling."

"Steve I go to a public science and tech school in Queens. A battering ram is a walk in the park compared to what I learn there." You sass again.

"Whatever." Steve pauses. "Go now."

"Where?" Wanda questions, alarmed. Sam dives off the building and his wings sprout from his back.

"He's not hitting the police." Steve runs out of the building and towards the Institute for Infectious Diseases. Y/n speeds over and makes it just in time to see the garbage truck driver jump from his seat and the garbage truck flip and crash through the main gates.

"Oh my god!" You say in shock, as two yellow vans drive into the area. "Steve! We got two yellow vans with about 8 men each that just pulled up."

"Y/n get out of sight and do not engage." You speed out of sight and watch as the men shoot gas bombs into the building then walk inside. Suddenly Sam flies with Steve and drops him. Steve hits a few of the guys and as one attempts to shoot Steve when his back is turned you speed in and tackle him to the ground. Steve attacks another then begins speaking into the comms. "Body armor, AR-17. Y/n and I make seven hostiles."

Sam lands on the roof and takes out more men. "I make 5."

Wanda flies in and throws a man up. "Sam!"

Sam swoops down and takes out the man. "Four." Sam's drone scans the building. "Rumlow's on the third floor."

"Girls, just like we practiced." Steve says walking towards the building, you follow suit.

"What about the gas?" Wanda asks.

"Get it out." You say catching up with Cap. Wanda lifts Cap into the building while y/n zooms through the front doors and up to Steve's floor. Steve pulls off the mask of one man and he drops to the ground, unable to breathe. Another man breaks the door onto a lab and walks through shoving the lab technician out of the way. He and another man go into the safe and take what the came for, leaving quickly. Steve throws his shield at a guy who was shooting at him and comes up and knocks him out. You hide behind a pillar in a different room with someone shooting at you. When the man goes to reload you speed around and stand behind him. As he reloads his gun and pulls it up to shoot again you speak. "Missed me." He turns around and you grab the gun and force the butt of it into his face. You run into the other room and Cap slam the man into the wall.

Meanwhile, Wanda starts pulling the gas out of the window and pushing it up into the air. Sam stands behind her and defends her against the men still outside. The men who took the chemical move to a balcony and zip down to the trucks and leave the area.

"Rumlow has a biological weapon." Steve says walking out of the safe.

"I'm on it." Nat says, coming out of nowhere and taking out every guy that comes at her.

She electrocutes one and another comes up behind her. She attempts to electrocute him but all he does is laugh and say, "I don't work like that no more." He throws her through the man hole at the top of the car. He drops a bomb into the truck and closes the lid. Nat quickly start fighting the two men inside, but the bomb goes off sending Nat and the men flying out the back. Steve comes out the balcony with you behind him and a rocket gets shot at him. Steve throws up his shield and pushes you behind him. The blast sends you both flying through the wall. Steve gets up and quickly runs down the hall blocking himself from the blasts, but you still lay against a wall, in too much pain to move.

"Steve." You say through the comms.

"Y/n? Where'd you go?" Steve quickly responds worry in his voice.

"I'm still near the balcony. There's a sharp pain in my leg. I can't get up."

"Sam, go to y/n." Steve orders, you could clearly tell he was fighting someone.

"No Sam don't. You won't make it through."

"What do you suppose I do y/n?" You could hear the worry in his voice.

You sigh and quickly come out of a plan. "I'll speed out of this building the best I can, and you meet me outside, okay?"

"Be careful y/n."

And with that you sped out side the building about 4 yards from it. You look up just in time to see and explosion and Cap going flying out, hitting different obstacles on the way down.

"Sam, He's in an AFV going north. I'll handle y/n." Sam starts chasing after the AFV while Cap runs to you. "Alright let's get this thing out of you." He says going straight for the small metal pipe in you knee. He swiftly pulls it out causing you to groan. "You good?"

"Yea just peachy. Cause, you know, I didn't have a metal pipe in my knee five seconds ago."

"Sarcasm. One of your strongest qualities." Cap says laughing. "Let's go." He helps you up, so you can stand, supporting you with one arm. "Think you can still run?"

"Yea its almost healed anyways. Minus the ACL it went straight through and separated but I'll be fine." You quickly speed Cap over where the AFV stopped. As soon as you get here five men climb out and all split up but one, and he comes at you and cap with weapons on his hands.

Sam flies in and scans the area. "I got four, they're splitting up."

Natasha rides in on her motorcycle and jumps onto the car tops. "I got the two on the left."

You ditch cap and run towards the AFV. "They ditched their gear. It's a shell game now. One of them is pay loaded." Suddenly Cap runs up behind you and a bomb that was through at you sticks to his shield. He throws it up in the air and it explodes. Someone comes up and punches Steve in the back sending him flying. "Steve!" You turn around and the man behind you punches you in the stomach sending you flying towards a wall. You hit your head and all you see is black.