Chapter 2: Visual Attraction

Jane POV

Just after having a long day at school I walk with my friend to Starbucks. As we walked in Starbucks I saw this guy on his laptop. He looked up and looked directly at me. I smiled at him and winked then I waited in line with my friend Emily. The guy has short curly dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He looked mixed and in his mid-twenties.

"Jane why is that guy looking at you?" My best friend, Emily said. I looked over my shoulder and smiled at him.

"I don't know but he's cute." I said as I moved up in line. Emily and I ordered a caramel latte and sat down at a table next to the window. The sun shined through the window making my hair a lighter brown than it usually is. I took my hair out of a ponytail and ran my fingers through my hair letting my hair fall down.

"Ok should we get started on studying for that big Chemistry test?" Emily said as she took a sip of her drink. I sighed, I hate chemistry, but I cannot afford to fail. If I fail, my parents would kill me.

"Yes let's start." I said as I got my book out of my book bag slamming it on the table with my notebook. After an hour and a half of studying with Emily, I looked over my shoulder and realized the guy who was here when we first came here, was still here.

"I hope we do well on this test. It's getting late I better start heading home." Emily said as she checked the time on her phone. I rolled my eyes and gave Emily a hug before she left. Once she was gone I went over everything for my Chemistry test. I was annoyed because are teacher was being a jerk for giving us all this homework and study for this test. I looked up and sighed when I looked at the time, it was 6:00 pm.

"Hey I noticed you've been here for a long time." I heard someone say. I looked up from my phone and looked at the guy who was just one table away from me and the only one still here besides me.

"Are you talking to me?" I said still surprised that he was even talking to me.

"There is no one else here that I could talk to, so yes I am." He said with a smirk on his face. I smiled. He is so damn hot. Pushing some of my hair out of my face and behind my ear, I said

"I guess I have been here kind of long. Why are you still here?"

"I was umm writing." He said glancing down at his laptop and his notebook.

"Oh so you're a writer?" I said as I walked over to him and his laptop.

"Not yet, I want to be though. I am studying to be an English teacher." I smiled.

"I haven't properly introduced myself, I am Michel." He said taking my hand and gently placing a kiss on my knuckles. I was shocked; no person has ever kissed my hand before. I felt a warm feeling on my cheeks.

Blushing I said, "My name is Jane."

"Well Michel do you mind if I read some of what you are writing?"

"No not at all." He moved out of the way away from his laptop. I sat in the chair he was sitting in and began reading his story. The title was The way I love. I was surprised when I saw the title I never knew guys wrote love stories. I began reading more, once I was done reading it I looked up at him in shock. It was good and almost reminded me of Fifty Shades of Gray.

"What do you think?" Michel asked with worry in his eyes. I smiled, he's so hot.

"I think you are a very talented writer and you need to get this published so I can buy it." He chuckled and smirked.

"When I do publish it, you will be the first to read it." he said and then he closed his laptop. I looked at my phone and realized it was 10:15pm, Starbucks was about to close and it was getting late. I stood up and began putting my things in my book bag.

"Leaving already?" Michel said with a disappointed look on his face.

"Yeah, it's starting to get late and I have to head home."

"Ok well I'm leaving too. How about I walk you to your car?" I smiled. He's such a gentleman. He gathered his things and walked me to my car.

"Well, thanks for walking me to my car." I said smiling.

"It was my pleasure." He leaned into me and kissed me. The kiss was warm and gentle. I gently grabbed his neck pulling him closer making the kiss deeper. Pressing me against the car, he pulled away.

"Sorry I got a little carried away." He said as he bit his bottom lip.

"It's ok." I said I took his hand and wrote down my name and phone number.

"Call me." I winked as I got into my car and drove off