Chapter 2

I woke up not how I fell asleep. There was a folded up jacket under my head and there was a makeshift blanket draped over me. 

I sat up and picked up the jacket. I unfolded it to see it was Bellamy's. I slipped it on and decided to get up.

I walked out to see Bellamy and Wells looking at each other intensely. I knew they didn't like each other but I really hoped they didn't fight. I did use to be friends with Wells ,we've been friends since we were little since our parents were friends, and I'm with Bellamy. I didn't want to see either of them hurt.

Wells saw me walk at first since he was facing my direction. Bellamy saw Wells look behind him and turned to look back at me.

"You're awake." Bellamy pointed out.

"No, I'm sleep walking." I said sarcastically. My response made him smile. I know that he usually loves my sarcasm, though I don't normally get sarcastic.

"Obviously." He played along. I smiled and walked up to him pecking his lips.

Our moment was ruined when we heard a scream. The two boys that had previously been in an intense stare off didn't hesitate to run in that direction. I ran after them but I'm not as fast as them. I got there not long after them and was more out of breath than them.

"Bellamy. Check it out. You want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us ,right? I figured it'll look better if we suffer a little bit first." Murphy said to Bellamy. Pretty much the whole camp was standing and watching.

Wells ran over and pushed Murphy off of the girl. She started to fall forward but I rushed forward to catch her. I quickly moved us out of the way.

"You can stop this." Wells told Bellamy.

"Stop this? I'm just getting started." Right after Bellamy said this Murphy punched Wells in the face. The delinquents started chanting 'fight'.

I stood back by Bellamy ,knowing he wouldn't let me either get caught up in the fight or try to step forward. I looked away from the fight not wanting to watch.

"You're dead." I heard Murphy say. I looked over to see that Murphy now had a knife in his hand. Bellamy stepped forward.

"Fair fight." Bellamy threw a knife in front of Wells so he could defend himself. Bellamy moved back by me.

"Bellamy?" I said quietly. He looked over at me. "Please step in before it gets to bad. I grew up with Wells." He sighed. Before he could answer I heard Clarke.

"Wells! Let him go!" Clarke yelled to Wells. Wells did as he was told ,pushing Murphy toward and onto the ground.

I looked through the group for a specific person and so did Bellamy. We both found her being helped by Monty Greene ,an engineer and one of the boys Finn pulled into going.

"Octavia," Bellamy said walking over to her. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah." She told him quietly while he helped her down from a log.

"Where's the food?" Bellamy asked.

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather." Finn said.

"What the hell happened out there?"

"We were attacked." Clarke stated.

"Attacked? By what?" Wells asked.

"Not what. Who. It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark ,he wasn't the last grounder." Finn explained.

"It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here ,survivors. The good news is that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us." Clarke said.