Chapter 1 - New girl in town

{Skyler's POV}

Today is my first day living in West Virginia. I used to live in Dallas, Texas but I moved because my mom died. My dad and my twin sister, Brooklyn, desided to move to get a fresh start in a new town. I didn't want to go, I had my whole life in Dallas, Texas, all my friends lived there!! This place is much smaller than Dallas, Texas, and I don't like it! My sister's my best friend, and we have to stick together because my dad's an alcoholic.

As I'm unpacking, my dad calls me downstairs to meat the new neighbours. I groan! I slink down the stares. I slip on my favourite oversized The Fualt in our Stars hoodie and my favourite vans shoes! I walk out the door ahead of my dad and Brooklyn and I knock on the door. My family quickly catches up with me as soon as a middle aged woman opens the door. "Hi there!!" she says to me "I'm Mrs. Sartorius, and you must be the Jonesses!!" she says to us. I smile and nod. My dad pushes me out of the way and shakes her hand and says "hi im jonhathan jones" I sigh. He's always trying to replace my mom. "thats cool" she says "Jacob!!!! Come downstairs and meet the new neighbours sweatie!!!!!" A boy around my age slinks down the stares. He's stunnig. He has a brown quiff and sultry elf ears. He flips his hair and shakes his hand and says " Hi im Jacob" Before I could answer, my whore sister pushes me out of the way and says "Hi Im brooklyn" she bats her ugly clumpy mascara coated eyelashes  "We came here from Dallas, Texas. This is my twin sister, Skyler." I smile orkwardly and shift my feet. He was the most beautiful boy I'd ever seen and I was a bit nervous and scared because he was so beautiful. "Hi skyler," he said, briefly acknoledging me and then ignoring me again to talk to my sister. I ignore their conversation and head back to my new house, I have to unpack anyway.

I take my bed out of its cardboard box, It's so heavy but my dad isn't planning on helping me do ANYTHING anytime soon I guess. I put my matress and blankets on my bed. I put up my favourite one Direction and Tayler Swift posters in my room. I put up my vanity and filled it with makeup and hair products. I put all my clothes in my wardrobe and now I guess Im done? I look out my window and see that my room is facing Jacobs room. I giggle to myself because its like the Tayler Swift Music Video of You Belong With Me. My sister would be the skank with brown hair. Im the nerd and he's the guy in the opposite bedroom.

I hear a nock on my door. It's my dad. He's Drunk. He stumbles into my room and starts yelling at me for having a different room to how my room looked when I lived in Dallas, Texas. He hits me on my arm and I scream "dad!!!! Stop!!!!!" but he doesn't stop because all of the beer he drank. I push him out of my room and then Brookyln comes into my room. I see she has crying tears on her face and a bruise on her ribcage. "Oh no!! Brooky!!! What happened?" I exclame! Brookyln says how dad hit her and asks me if he hit me too. I nod. We hug and cry together because are dad will never be nice to us again, not without mom coming back to life (which is impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!) We sit on my bed and turn my TV on and watch Pretty Little Liars, my favourite TV show EVER! I laugh at the jokes in the show because jokes sometimes make me laugh! Me and Brooklyn are soon happy again! We fall asleep on my bed and I dream about Jacob, my new neighbour.

Hey guise, hope you likes the first chapter of my book! It's a bit random and just ignore my mistakes because I'm only in 5th grade. I love Jacob Sartorius! Comment your favourite Jacob song!!! Mine is Hit or Miss, it's so inspirational!