𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹: 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

Author's Note:
Before starting chapter three, I need to clarify some things so you guys can understand the story better. First, off I'll start with Natsu, who's a loner and bad boy who barely has any friends, but he lives with his exceed companion, Happy. He is currently on a mission to find his father, Igneel. I'm pretty sure most of you know who he is if you watch the anime. He was best friends with Lisanna, but don't worry, and there will be no romance between them to clear things up. I personally love Lisanna, she's one of the cutest characters in the show, but this is my personal opinion. Lisanna will not be evil in this series, so I hope you understand. Let's talk about Lucy for a minute. Her mom died when she was five, so she barely remembers her, and she came to Fairy Tail to learn magic. I think I have most of it cleared up. I might give some more details about this story in another chapter. But let's start chapter three, everyone!

P.S. this might be a short chapter.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I exclaimed angrily.

Natsu had his arms crossed as he stared at me with a look of annoyance on his face. I gulped and tightly clutched my fists, 'Great, in all the people in the world, it had to be this jerk! Ugh!'

"Well, look who it is. It's blonde."

"I have a name, you know!" I snapped.

"Yeah, whatever."

"What are you here anyway? Were you stalking me?!"

"That's none of your business!" Natsu said coldly.

"Why were you walking around on the streets at night? It's dangerous out here."

"I believe that's none of your business either, Mr. Dragneel," I said smugly.

Natsu growled and said, "Well, you should be thanking me for saving your life!"

"Ugh! I didn't need your help; I could've handled that myself!"

"It didn't look that way where I was standing."

"Then why did you save me?!"

Natsu didn't reply; he just turned away from my hard gaze.

"Whatever, I don't owe you anything!" I said with a huff as I walked away.

"Fine! Get killed; see if I care!"

Meanwhile...
Natsu's POV:

I knew I shouldn't have been rude to her. But I just saved her life. She should at least show me a little gratitude. 

Then her question came back into my mind, 'Why did you save me?!' I thought about it for a while and then realized I didn't have an answer. I mean, why did I save her? I'm not usually the kind of guy to show my emotions towards people. But-Ugh! I don't know; maybe I felt pity for her. But whatever the answer was, I felt it plucking on my heartstrings. 

I quickly pushed the feeling off and tried to recompose myself.

I came up to a tiny little house near the woods; this is where I call home. I opened the door and placed my school bag on the couch; suddenly, I heard tiny paws coming down the hallway. That's when I saw my little friend Happy enter the room.

"Where have you been?" He asked curiously.

"Umm...School, where else?" I answered in an annoyed tone.

I love Happy to death, but sometimes he's too much.

"Alright, I was just asking."

"Yeah, I know."

"So, how was your first day back?"

"Horrible," I stated bluntly before slumping onto a nearby couch.

"Come on, Natsu! Can't you try to be positive?" Happy scolded me.

"I'm sorry Happy. I'm just not in a good mood today." I stood up from the comfy couch and yawned, "I'm going to make dinner. Let me guess; you want fish?"

"Aye, sir!"

I laughed. Happy was one of the only people or cats who could genuinely make you smile.

As I was preparing dinner, I noticed Happy was looking at my face full of concern. 'What's his problem? Is there something on my face?' I turned around and gave him a questioning look.

"What?"

"Huh?"

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Natsu, why is there a scar over your eye?" Happy asked, almost too seriously.

I quickly turned to the nearest mirror and saw my reflection. There was a small scar over my eye, and I didn't even notice it until now. I must have gotten it from my fight with Gajeel.

I clutched my teeth together and swore under my breath. "Shit..."

I looked down to the floor, ashamed to look Happy in the eyes. "Happy I.."

"Did you get into a fight again?" Happy asked with tears prickling his big eyes.

I sighed, "Yes. I'm sorry Happy, I just...I don't know...."

Happy looked at me with sad eyes, and I didn't know what to say.

I took a deep breath and said, "Look, Happy, you know how hard it's been for me. I've been alone ever since Igneel left me. I need to find him. I want to know why he left me. Happy you're are all I have. Words cannot describe how much you mean to me."

There were a few moments of silence until Happy spoke up again. "Your right Natsu! I'm sorry; I know it's tough. But I know one day we will find Igneel together!"

I smiled at him. Maybe he was right? Soon I will find Igneel, and then I might be truly happy again.

"Besides, maybe this year you might actually get a girlfriend." Happy winked teasingly.

"Yeah, we both know that's not gonna happen."

"You never know, Natsu."

I rolled my eyes and continued making dinner. 

Happy was right about one thing, who knows what could happen this year.

Meanwhile...
Lucy's Apartment
Lucy's POV:

I walked up to my apartment door and unlocked it. As I went inside, I placed my school bag on the kitchen counter, and I walked to my bedroom. I quickly dressed into my nightgown. It was white with silver lace near the edges of it. I lay on my bed, and I looked up at the ceiling.

I started to think about everything that happened today. My new friends, Fairy Tail and Natsu Dragneel. Something about it all made me wonder if this was all connected somehow.

Huh, I'm probably just acting silly. But still, I wonder why my new friends know so much about Natsu Dragneel? I mean, is he really a criminal? He can't be that bad. He saved my life, so there must be good in him, and my mother said I should try to see the good in everybody.

"I shouldn't have said those things...I probably made him feel bad."

'I know my friends are trying to look out for me, but I should find out on my own what he's really like.' I thought silently to myself.

"It's decided. I will try to be nice to him tomorrow. That's what I'll do! I mean, he did save my life..."

Satisfied with my decision, I closed my eyes and peacefully slept.

To be continued...