𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑

A week later...
The border of Crocus
1:21 PM
Lucy's POV:

It's been a week since we've begun traveling and it's been tiring for all of us.

The dragon lands are located near the outer borders of Crocus, which has taken us forever to get to but I knew we were getting close. All of us were anxious to get there, especially the three dragon slayers.

"Are we there yet?!" Natsu said, complaining for least the hundredth time.

"Natsu, I swear to you if you say that one more time I'll turn you into an ice cube!" Gray threatened.

Natsu rolled his eyes, "Geez, sorry I asked."

"That's enough out of both of you! Lucy said that we were getting close, so we should be there soon." Erza stated.

"I'm so hungry right now. I could eat a mountain of fish!" Happy exclaimed.

"We just had lunch about an hour ago, how are you already hungry?!"

"I'm always hungry."

"Stupid tomcat..." Carla mumbled to herself.

Lily let out an exhausted sigh and he watched the two younger exceeds banter.

"I think we should focus on the mission at hand, it's not all about fish."

As the exceeds bickered away, Levy was complaining to Gajeel.

"My feet hurt, when are we gonna take a break?"

"Are you kidding Shrimp? It's only been an hour."

"Yeah, but I have short legs. So it's hard for me to walk long distances!" Levy said in annoyance.

Gajeel sighed heavily, before grabbing Levy and hoisting her over his shoulders.

"What are you doing!? Put me down Gajeel!" Levy demanded.

"Your complaining is driving me crazy, besides you're stuck with me now shorty."

Levy blushed a shade of red while giving Gajeel an annoyed look.

"Fine! But you better not drop me!"

"Wouldn't dream of it McGarden," Gajeel said with a sly smirk.

While Gajeel was carrying Levy, I went over to talk to Natsu.

"Natsu, don't you think you're being a little impatient?"

"What do you mean?" Natsu said giving me a confused look.

"Lucy, you worry too much. Besides if the dragons weren't there then we'll just have to get back up on our feet and try again."

"You really believe that?"

"Of course I do, it's something I've learned from you," Natsu said giving me a warm smile.