Chapter Three. -The Kitchen Ghost-

I shot up, and started breathing heavily. My vision was blurry, and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath. My heart rate was beating fast, and I felt like I was about to puke. I took a deep breath, and calmed down. I blinked a couple times , and regained my vision. I started to realize where I was at. A hospital? The room was white, and there were annoying beeping things next to me. I heard slight snoring coming from next to me. I turned to see a passed out Callie. She looked like she was in deep sleep. I took one of the pillows that i'd sleep on, and threw it at her. She jumped up, and looked at me.

"Your awake!" She yelled, and ran up to me. She gave me a hug, and I hugged back. "But next time can't you just yell at me to wake up? And maybe not throw a pillow?" I smiled.
"We'll see." I said, as she smiled. "But what happened? Why am I in here?"

"You don't remeber?" She said a bit dissapointed.

"N-" I was about to say, then I realized. I started to here voices...Then the girl in the bathroom, then I passed out. I sighed. "How long have I been out?"

"Three days." She said sitting back down.

"Do my parents know?" I asked. I doubted my dad did. He didn't seem to care, and was always at work. She nodded her head yes. "Great." My parents are probably worried that something 'supernatural' happen, and I freak out and passed out. All I can do now is hope they don't send me back.

"And no there not sending you back." She said. "I convinced them this wasn't because of the voices. I said that you were just overwhelmed by the football game. With all the cheering, yelling, screening, harsh lights, and that you just weren't used to it." I smiled gratefully at her. I let out a sigh of relief, and laid back down on the bed.

"Thanks." I said. "I don't want to go back to that place." She smiled.

"I don't want you to either." She said. "But let's get out of here. " She tossed a bag, and it landed on my bed. "Change into these clothes while I sign you out." I nodded and she walked out. I yawned and got up. Well tried to get up. I hadn't got up in like three days, and my balance was no where to be found. After like five minutes I had finally regained my balance. I grabbed the bag and headed to the bathroom to change. I closed and locked the door behind me, and looked through the bag. Callie had brought me a blue hoodie, white shorts, and blue vans. I shrugged and put them on. After I was done I didn't even bother to look at my appearance. I walked out, and saw Callie standing there playing on her phone. She looked up at me and smiled. "Took ya long enough." She said. I smiled and rolled my eyes. I tossed her the bag, and she led me outside.

"Where's your car?" I asked her. She smiled and shrugged. Thats when a red BWM pulled up in front of us.

"Not my car, Lanes." She said. I gave her a questioning look. "He feels bad for asking you to go to the football game. He thinks it's his fault you passed out. Or something like that."

"It's not his fau-" I was about to say when I say something in the corner of my eye. I looked over to see the girl that was in the bathroom, at the football game. She looked worried,scared, and frightened. I sighed and looked away. She wasn't real.....I kept telling myself that, but another part of me wants to believe she's real.

"Shay?" Callie asked snapping me back to reality.

"Y-yes?" I said. She gave me a questioning look, but just shrugged it off.

She half smiled, and started leading me to the car. I got into the car to be greeted by Lane, and Liam. Wonder where Kaden is? I just shrugged it off, and looked at Callie. I was in the backseat with Callie. Liam and Lane were in the front. We chatted for a long time, until something hit me.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

I could see Lane smile. "The park." He said. I raised my eyebrow. Why are we going to a park? I sighed, and waited til we go there.

About ten minutes later we had arrived at the park. Before I had even got out Callie, and Liam were already gone! Nows it just me and Lane.....Great.

Lane opened my door for me. I thanked him and got out. He closed the door. "Let's go for a walk." he said smiling. I smiled and nodded yes. we started walking and chatting. Every now and then I would see a shadow or something. But I just shrugged then off and kept walking.

"Shay, can I ask you something?" Lane said.

"Ask away." I say smiling.

"Do you ever feel like something's wrong?"he asked. I raised my eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I don't know.... like something's not right. Like someone's watching you, or following you. Things like that?" he said. I stood there a bit shocked.

"Save Lane before it's too late!" A voice yelled. I ignored the voice, and was about to reply to Lane. That is until the rain started to pour down on us. Literally! Out of no where! Lane laughed, as we ran back to the BWM. Once we got inside....We soaked from head to toe. Callie and Liam were already in there not even wet.

"What did you guys go do? Swimming?" Callie said laughing a bit. I gave her a playfully glared.

After that Lane took me home. My parents were gone, and I had the huge house all to myself. I walked into the kitchen, and started making myself a peanut butter jelly sandwich. I smeared the peanut butter on with a knife.

"That looks yummy." someone said from behind me. My heart dropped as I spinner around. There was the girl from the football game. I pointed the stupid butter knife at her.

"What do you what?" I yelled!

"A sandwich." she said sarcastically. I glared at her, and she just shrugged. "oh and put the knife down. I'm not going to kill you." I rolled my eyes and put the knife in the sink.

"You know your really sarcastic for a ghost." I said.

"I'm not a ghost. I'm a spirit." She said rolling her eyes.

"Well whatever you are, can you please leave me alone forever?" I asked taking a bit out of my sandwich.

"Let me think about that.." She said pausing for a second. "Nope!" she said popping the 'p'. I sighed as she smirked.

"Okay little miss spirit..." I said. "if you won't leave alone then what do you want?"

Her smirk faded. She sighed. "You have to help Lane." She said in a serious tone.

"Great here we go again with the Lane saving stuff. Are you the voice that tells me to save Lane everywhere I go?" I asked her.

She shook her head no. "Those are other spirits. They want you to help Lane as well, and they won't leave you alone until you help him." She said.

I rolled my eyes. "What is so special about Lane? Why is he in danger?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I can't tell you that right now. But you'll know soon." Before I could even respond she was gone. I sighed, and finished my sandwich. All I could do was think about the kitchen ghost.

"Oh Lane.....What have you gotten yourself into?" I said out loud. I finished my sandwich and put my plate in the sink. I headed up to my room for some sleep. Maybe I just wake up one day and this will just be all a dream. I sighed. But this wasn't a dream, it was reality.

A/N
Sorry for the long wait! I'll update more soon! What did you guys think of this chapter? Hope you guys like it! Anyway thanks for voting, commenting, and reading! it means alot! It's kinda short so sorry about that. The next chapter will be longer!