Chapter 39

Khushi: What?? How could that door get locked just like that?

Arnav: Did you tell anyone that you were coming to this store room?

Khushi: no.....(she answered)

As Khushi answered Arnav, the light got off and Khushi's fear also got increased. Arnav continued his explanation.

Arnav: As no one knows that we are in store room, it may be some worker who locked up this room.

Khushi: Why he would lock up the room without even checking whether someone were there in the room or not?

Arnav: because I told him to...

Khushi: What????

Arnav: relax, Khushi... I told him to keep some material in this room, that's it. But I don't have any idea of why he delayed locking up the room.

Khushi: If you know that this doors would be locked up, then why didn't you tell me??

Arnav: What the..... Khushi.., I have asked you to come out of the room as soon as I entered but as you have to collect the photo of your mother's.... I have waited...... I don't know that this room would be locked now and we would be stuck.

Khushi(tensed): Whatever Arnavji, if you hadn't asked that person, he would have neither opened this room nor I would have entered and get stuck like this.

Arnav: what??? Have you gone mad, Khushi? I didn't dream that this would happen.

Khushi didn't reply after that but her hands started shaking and sweat beads formed on her forehead. Arnav observed these changes.

Arnav: Khushi.... What happened? Why your hands are shaking?

Khushi: nothing...

Saying that, Khushi moves towards a corner of the room, sits there and closes her eyes. Arnav walks towards her and calls her name slowly and soothingly.

Arnav: Khushi....

Khushi(opening her eyes): I don't like darkness.

Arnav realized what Khushi had just said and he took out his cell to on the torch.

Arnav: You will find light even in the times of dark, Khushi. Just think in that direction and overcome your fears.

Khushi gives a smile to Arnav's words.

Khushi: I didn't expect such words from you. In fact, I couldn't even believe you were the same person whom I met for the first time.

Arnav(giving a simple smile): Even I can''t believe that I am talking with you in this way.....in a dark closed room.

Both of them smiles.

Khushi: Now, how to get out from this room??

Arnav: I don't know. Even, my cell shows no signal here. So, I can't call anyone.

Khushi: and I forgot to charge my cell in the morning. So, it switched off. What shall we do now.

Arnav: Let me think....

Khushi: Let us bang the door. Someone might hear us and help us.

Arnav: what? We should shout for help, now?

Khushi: This is the only option we have, Arnavji.

Saying that Khushi went towards the door and banged it.

Khushi: are someone there?

Khushi shouted for 2 mins and after 2 mins, she heard a reply.

'Were someone there inside?', came a man's voice.