chapter 54

Next day:

Arnav reached office early and was waiting for Khushi to arrive. He was checking his mails when the door got opened with a knock and Khushi entered with a coffee mug in her hand. Arnav looked at her. Khushi just placed the coffee mug on his table and was about to go when Arnav reached the door before her and closed it with a bang. Khushi took a step back due to that sound and sudden appearance of Arnav in front of her eyes. Quickly, he pinned her to the wall caging her with his hands on either sides of her.

Khushi: Mr. Raizada, What are you doing?? Move aside.... I have so much work to do...

Arnav: Answer my questions and then, you are free to go... (He said in a sharp tone)

Khushi: what type of questions you wanted to ask me in this way??? (She said indicating the way they stood)

Arnav: You know what I am going to ask... Tell me, who is this Amit...

Khushi: Its none of your business to know who he is, Mr. Raizada....

Arnav: I don't mind... just answer my question... I won't let you go until then...

Khushi: Why are you torturing me....? I have already said you that he is my friend...

Arnav: oh really? He is just a friend of you?? (He asked sarcastically)

Khushi: you said, you would leave me after answering your question, Mr. Raizada...

Arnav: ha, I said.... (He shouted) but I never said to lie....

Khushi looked into his eyes.... How did he know that she lied...

Khushi: whether it is a true or a lie... it won't matter to me... You said to answer your question and I did it....

Arnav: Khushi, I don't like to hear a single lie from your mouth...

Khushi: and I don't care... if you like it or not...

Saying that, Khushi tried to push Arnav and move away but it never happened... Instead, in a swift motion Arnav held her hand and pulled her towards him while he folded her hand backwards. He looked dangerously into her eyes...

Arnav: so, you are going to marry... (He asked directly)

Khushi stared into Arnav's eyes immediately... So he knew everything, thought Khushi

Khushi: that's my personal matter, Mr. Raizada....

Arnav: whatever it is, I don't care... But remember, you won't be granted any leave so that you could enjoy your marriage... I need you... (pause) at work, daily.... Got it...

Tears formed in Khushi's eyes... How could she say what she feels for him.. She is so close yet so far from him... She managed to answer Arnav...

Khushi: I will manage to get an other job... if you remove me from this post for my absence...

Arnav: who said, I will remove you from your job... You should serve AR, at least for an year... remember?? You signed those papers, the time you joined in AR. If you leave this office, you should pay a huge amount to the company and I will make sure that you won't get any other job after you leave this company...

Khushi: I should not take leave... I should not resign my job... then, tell me what should I do...

Arnav: work....you should do your work...

Khushi: You don't want to marry... doesn't mean your employees too lead a life as a saint.

Arnav: I know... that's why I am trying to save you... to not get into such marriage things... and moreover, that Amit doesn't belongs to any rich family that you are ready to resign even your job for him... He doesn't even have his own bike... Yesterday, he used his friend's bike to pick you up...