Chapter 8

-chapter eight-

(luke's pov)

How could I find the words to explain all of this to her? So much had happened before the crash. I couldn't bare to tell her who was in the car that killed her parents. Or the motive behind it. She would hate me forever, I'm sure of it. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I couldn't be with Juliana. I have given up so much for her, I'm not letting that all go to waste. But doesn't she deserve to know? The crap she's been put through, even though it might create a huge barrier between us, she deserves to know. I care about Juliana more than anything in the world. I care about her more than I could ever care about myself. So why is this decision so hard for me? Shouldn't I just easily decide that she should know? Am I really that selfish? Juliana staring at me with her big sea foam green eyes stopped my thoughts.

"Okay," I sighed, "I guess I can begin with who killed your parents," I had never brought this up before, because I knew it was a touchy subject. It's been what, three days since she left the hospital, so much has happened. I didn't want to push this information on her, but she deserved to know.

"It was-," I was cut off by the phone ringing. "Sorry," I mumbled as I got up to answer the phone. It was almost midnight, who would be calling me at this hour?

"Hello?" I said annoyed that this person ruined mine and Julie's conversation, but also thankful, for I wasn't to excited about telling her the truth.

"Hey it's Calum, I was wondering if Juliana was out of the hospital yet? I heard that her and Ashton broke up, must suck knowing your boyfriend killed your parents."

"Uh yeah, that definitely sucks. And yeah she's at my house right now, we were kinda in the middle of something so, is there anything else you need?" I didn't mean to sound rude, Calum is one of my best friends, I just wanted to get back to Juliana.

"Naw, I just wanted to know she was okay, you kids be good, okay? See ya." Then the line went dead. I hung up the phone and went back into the guest bedroom, which was now Juliana's room.

"Who was it?" Juliana asked her eye already beginning to bruise.

"My friend Calum," I tried to be calm, I had gone over this conversation multiple times in my head, but all of those words were huddled in the back of my mind. I couldn't seem to be able to focus on anything but the green of her eyes, and the confusion, and longing she held behind them.

(juliana's pov)

Luke was looking at me with such attentiveness. Did he really care so much that I could see it in his eyes? His light, sharp blue eyes were connected to my dull, dark green ones. For a few seconds we just stared at each other. I memorized the arches of his eyebrows, to the roundness of his chin. Until suddenly, the connection was severed by Luke exclaiming, "It was me."

(luke's pov)

I can't believe I told her that.

Yeah, it was true, I killed her parents.

But she doesn't remember how terrible they were to her.

And of course I didn't mean for them to die, or for Julie to lose her memory, but it happened.

"What?" Juliana looked at me with utter disgust, "you killed my parents? You're the reason I have amnesia?" She said quietly, which made it worse, I would much rather have her yell at me and be angry. This quiet, sad, disappointed side of her nearly killed me.

"Yes, but Julie, hear me out, you have to understand why this happened," I looked at her pleadingly.

"Okay," she said calmly, which I did not expect.