Chapter 1

-chapter one-

(juliana's pov)

"Jules?" The strange boy in my room asked. I couldn't form a coherent sentence. What happened? I remembered bright lights, and a sound so loud it was quiet. Swiftly, a man in a white coat walked through the two big swinging doors.

"Juliana! You're finally awake," the man smiled, "we weren't expecting you to awaken until at least another hour," he said while looking at his watch. I didn't say a word in response. I didn't know what was going on.

"Sir, she doesn't remember..." the boy in the room mumbled.

"What do you mean Ashton?" Ah, so his name was Ashton.

"She doesn't remember me, or who she is..." He sounded hurt, was I supposed to know this boy? Was there something between us I was supposed to know? I was endlessly confused. One thing after another lead me into another direction of disarrangement.

"What is the year, Juliana?" The man, I assumed was the doctor, asked me.

"Umm....." I scoured my mind for the answer to his question, but I found nothing. My mind was blank of any kind of past that could've been there. "I don't know," I answered quietly, knowing I was just hurting that boy by the side of my bed, even more than before.

"This is more serious than I thought," the doctor furrowed his brow, and began pacing around the room.

"Where's my mum?" I asked, I remembered my mum. She must be at the hospital right? She wouldn't leave me here with a whole bunch of strangers.

"Jules, you don't remember?" The boy walked over to the bed I was laying on, sorrow evident in all of his features. "You were in a car crash, and you parents didn't make it. That's why your in the hospital, that's why you can't remember anything. That's why you don't remember me."

(ashton's pov)

She doesn't remember...

Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?...

Maybe this is a way for me start over?

She doesn't remember what I did.

Thoughts were surging through my mind. Juliana's face slowly softened.

"I don't have parents?" She asked, puzzled.

"Not anymore love, I'm sorry," I couldn't look at how sad she was. Juliana didn't even answer me, she just looked down to her hands that were nervously intertwined. I smiled at her, and walked over to the doctor.

"Is there any way she could get her memories back?" I asked.

"I'm afraid not, unless they just start coming back when she is reminded of them, that happens in some cases. But usually when someone acquires amnesia, they remember things up until a certain point in their life. Juliana doesn't remember anything. This is one if the rarest cases I've seen," the doctor said with a distraught expression. I walked back to Juliana to say goodbye. Apparently you still had to go to school even though your girlfriend almost died and lost both of her parents.

(Thank you for reading!!!!! this is my first fanfic so please vote and comment if you like!)