Secrets Lies And Alibis

It was that day again, the day when the family stood together singing Christmas songs, opening presents and everyone seemed happy. Christmas was suppose to be a happy day but for Miracle it was always sad and this one in particular was worse than any of them had ever been.

Miracle stood in the bathroom, looking down at the bottle of pills as he swallowed, looking at himself in the mirror thinking about just how easy it would be to take them all in that very moment.

The bottle was opened and a single pill was spilled into his hand then he closed the bottle. He reached over to grab a small plastic cup and filled it half way with water before taking the pill and washing it down. A hand lifted to wipe his mouth as he stared into the mirror and sighed.

"You worthless whore." He whispered softly. "I hate you."

He stared at himself for several moments before moving off to his bed room to hide the pills. Once that was done he wandered down the hall and into the living room. He didn't say anything, nor did he do anything.

He stood there, taking in the sight of happiness and joy while on the inside he felt so hollow, so vacant and empty. He couldn't bear it and he hated himself for causing all the hell that he had subjected himself to. Miracle managed to slip by them and into the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen he headed out the back door and into the snowy backyard where he found himself laying down, staring up at the stars while those arms and legs moved to create a snow angel and then he became completely still.

His eyes closed as he felt the affects of the drug and when they opened he found Hunter standing above him, looking down at him, blocking his view of the night sky and all the stars that filled it.

"Well hello there lonesome. Did you plan on joining the crowd or were we going to have to celebrate without you?" Hunter asked, lowering down to crouch beside Miracle.

"I'm not in much of a celebrating mood." A sigh escaped his lips.

"You never have been but you weren't this bad." Hunter looked down for a moment.

"You've acted so weird the past few weeks. You've hardly come out of your room, you don't eat much. You've just...laid in your bed staring at the television but not really watching it."

"Maybe that's how I want to be." Miracle rolled over and sat up.

"Sterling's called every single day since winter break started. He's worried about you."

Miracle drew horns on the snow angels head. "Why worry about Satan's little helper? That's all I am, all I ever have been."
Hunter stared at Miracle, getting frustrated.

"Okay, you know what? I am sick of this self pity crap, I'm sick of your vague and cryptic answers. If you're going to be all sad and depressed around me then at least tell me why."

"I don't think you want to know."

"If I didn't want to know I wouldn't be asking. My god, you're my brother. I love you and I know when things are wrong. You've lost your spark...that fire inside of you that makes you the awesome person you are."