Blast From The Past

Miracle walked around in the main bed room at his Mom's house, he looked down at the locket that Jaemin had given him. He closed the locket and looked down. "This is the first time I've...ever been on my own."

"Miracle, you're not on your own." Aiden said, watching Miracle from the door.

"I mean..without someone from before..." Miracle reached up and wiped tears from his face. "And why should I cry? I made him leave, I asked for it."

"I'm sure you never thought that he really would." Aiden said.

Miracle walked to the foot of the bed and laid the locket down and took a deep breath. "It'll be here, it'll all be here, when the time is right." He closed his eyes and turned around and walked towards the door.

Aiden grabbed Miracle by the shoulders and smiled at him. "You know, believe it or not, I think you're one of the strongest people that I know. You survived a lot and you keep surviving."

Miracle looked at Aiden and more tears fell. "I do what I have to do." He then started to cry. "It's just a sad thing when the world can't be..." He took a deep breath and shook his head.

"It's not about what the world is, it's about what you make the world." Aiden said.

"I don't make it much." Miracle hugged him. "I really don't make it much."

"You did for me." Aiden closed his eyes and then pulled back. "We now both know the truth about David and that only happened because you faced him, I never thanked you for that."

Miracle shook his head. "Don't thank me for that. It's an awful thing, at least I can still make up who my Dad is, now you have to live with the truth about yours."

"It's better to know the truth than to make something up." He took Miracle's hand and then lead him down the stairs.

"Yeah, I guess, sometimes." Miracle followed Aiden and headed outside with him. He pulled his hand away and looked up at the door. He closed it and locked it and then walked down the steps and looked up at the house.

"Are you ready?" Aiden asked.

Miracle nodded. "Yeah, I have to be." He turned around and climbed into the passenger seat of the jeep as Aiden got into the driver side.

Miracle looked up. "I just realized something."

"What?" Aiden asked.

"It's something my friend Sterling told me once, it's a psychology thing." Miracle said.

"Tell me, I would understand it, I got the gene." Aiden smiled.

"Well it was about this theory, about unrequited love. Like if I was with someone that fit a certain profile and it failed and I met someone that fit that same profile but more perfected, better, I was uncontrollably drawn to them." Miracle explained.

"Meaning?" Aiden asked.

"Like for example, say I had a thing with a teacher and the teacher only wanted sex and I wanted love, it's unrequited love but if I found another teacher that...was better and maybe provided love, I would have to go for it, on impulse, no control. I would have to do it to perfect the previous experience." Miracle looked at Aiden.

Aiden nodded. "Go on."

"Well I had something like that sort of going on with that Kevin guy, ya know? Brad, he was a football player, a jerk as you know and Kevin was loving, so he would have been a perfected version of...well Brad, a chance for me to have that relationship but...to have it right in a way. Jaemin was so frustrated at the time, wondering what he lacked, what he didn't provide. Sterling figured this all out and...we assumed there would never be a perfected version of Jaemin." Miracle explained.