Photograph

The small piece of film lay motionless in your hands. The both of you stood in it, wearing beautiful smiles as your hands stayed interlocked together.

Before, it was something you'd look at when you missed him. When you had just finished chatting with him on the phone, and the feeling of wanting to see him would settle in your heart. The same smile would form on your face as a feeling of happiness engulfs your soul.

But now it's different. The way you look at this picture.

You look at it, because yes, you miss him. Except now, he was no longer with you. Physically and emotionally. He doesn't love you anymore.

He had apologized to you. Saying that he didn't want to hurt you. But is an apology enough to heal these open wounds of yours?

Now that you think about it. Will these cuts of yours learn to close themselves and turn into merely scars?

You sighed as you stared more into the photograph. Your smiles looked so genuine. So warm and full of joy.

How did things go wrong? You would have never thought things could just fall apart.

You felt an urge to suddenly tear the photograph. To destroy it and to get rid of any evidence that it had existed.

But another part of you didn't want to do that. You're not ready to let go. You're afraid of moving on.