3

Kacy's P.O.V

It was a morning like any other for Kacy during her summer.  She got up early and dressed in a pair of jogging pants and a hoodie with the hood up.  It was 5 in the morning.  Luckily, a lot of the cafes were open already because people were always up early and in desperate need of food.  

She grabbed her guitar, phone, and tiny backpack, then headed out the door.  Walking past a silent street she breathed in the fresh, salty air.  It took a few days but Kacy eventually learned to love that smell.  Even if it was a gross smell.  She strided down the street passing many closed cafes.  She did stop at one cafe.  One close to her favroite spot in Los Angeles.  A cafe that ran close to the boardwalk where Kacy always went in the mornings.  

She enetered the tiny cafe, and sat at a table close to the big window out front.  Looking at the window, she peered out at the boardwalk and the ocean in front of her.  She stared out the window and it seemed as if time had just stopped for a moment.

"One bacon, egg, cheese, and hashbrown muffin with ketchup on the side for my favorite customer."

"Aw.  Thank you Philis.  But you didn't have to do that."  Kacy said looking up at the cafe owner.  

"It's no problem.  I open up extra early just to make sure you can get in.  Ain't nobody gonna lock you out of my cafe."

"Well thank you.  I'm gonna take this one to go if that's alright.  Today feels like a morning by the water sort of day."

"That's fine.  Kacy, i'll try to come out later to hear your sing.  That's the highlight of my day."

"Thanks."  Kacy grabbed the muffin all wrapped up to keep it hot.  And then she hugged Philis.  Went to the door waved and left.  

Kacy always enjoyed walking down the boardwalk.  It was one of the places that was known for being a tourist and resident hot shot place.  Not many places in Los Angeles were hot places that tourists and residents are always there, mixed and together.  

But something about this morning felt different to Kacy.  Like the sun was beating brighter.  The water was extra calm.  The people seemed nicer.  Something about that morning caught Kacy by her blind side.  

She walked to the edge of the long boardwalk, and jumped down into the soft, warm sand.  She found a nice spot in the sand to sit.  She sat right where the sun would beat on her and where she coudl watch the tide as well.  Once again she took a deep breath of the salty air then ate her delicious muffin.