12

Michael's P.O.V

At first I just let my jaw drop, and I stayed silent.  I was in aw.  What was going on?  But then, Drew turned and saw me out in the distance.  I debated whether or not to run.  I finally chose not to move.  

He started walking over as Shariah stood back, keeping her distance.  Drew didn't seem quite embarassed.  He and Shariah were best friends.  They hung out once in a while.  But with what had happened that morning, I never thought about the whole Drew and Shariah thing until I saw them in that moment.

"Um, hey Michael.  How long have you been watching?"

"Not long.  But cleary still was long enough."

"Was it really a secret though?"

"Yes.  It was.  And plus.  I saw Kacy today.  She told me about this morning."

"She did?"

"Yeah.  She did....  What happened?"

"Mike.  I miss Shariah.  Usually i'm fine.  But with everything... I dunno.  I guess I just started to get a little bit lonely.  And I couldn't get her voice out of my head.  It was clear.....  I thought I may have started crushing a bit.  But no.  It's not that Michael."

"You shouldn't have lied about where you were.  And I know.  She's rare.  She's amazing.  So what changed your mind?"

"Shariah stopped by the house.  And when I saw her, I forgot all about Kacy.  I was caught up in the moment.  But I really think it was because I have been missing Shar so much lately.  She's back now.  I'm better."

Just as Drew finished his sentence, Shariah walked up behind him.

"Hey Michael!"

"Hey Shariah."

"I want you to know, Drew already told me about that girl, Kacy.  She sounds really awesome!"

"You're not mad at him?"

"Why would I be?  I mean I know it seemed as if he was starting to develop feelings for her.  But they weren't real.  And I understand.  Being away from him has made me so lonely, and sad lately.  There have been times the same thing has happened to me.  I came out here because I was missing him to much."

"Aw.  You two really are the cutest together!"

"Thank you so much Mike!"

As Drew replied the two of them leaned in sideways for a hug.  They really were so adorable together.  They were so lucky to have each other.  Drew is lucky to have someone as sweet, and caring, and loyal as Shariah.  And Shariah is lucky to have Drew.  He is one of the sweetest people I know.  He can be overly goofy sometimes, but it's alright, it makes him better as a person.

Thinking about those two made me feel the reality of Kacy.  She was leaving really soon.  She was so amazing.  She makes me feel like I can be me.  Like I don't have to act differently to meet her needs.  She is so comfortable to be around.  Our love of music pulls us closer to each other.  Whenever i'm close to her, my veins start bulging.  My heart starts racing.  My blood starts pulsing around inside me.   

Before I had time to really think of anything, there was a text from John.  Drew had looked down the same time I did so I know that it was sent to everybody.

"I need you all back to the house.  Immediately."