Chapter 17

Matt's POV

I was finding it hard to process the fact that I was finally with Dom, sat close together in my favourite place, and watching the perfect sunset fade into the soft purple-black hues of twilight. Dom looked even more stunning in real life - the last beams of sun refracting onto his pearlescent, stormy eyes, his perky nose which jutted out at an adorable angle, his perfectly aligned, crisp white teeth, and those lips.. man those lips...

"MATT!" Dom half yelled under his breath, laughing heartily as I almost tumbled backwards into a nearby bramble bush. Needless to say, I didn't find it that amusing.
"Oh my god I'm sorry hun, you just couldn't stop staring at me and my lips." he giggled, as I instantly felt my face flush a deep red. I let out a bright and somewhat extremely nervous giggle, fiddling with my hands inside my oversized coat and looking down at my lap - now barely visible due to the sun's light almost dipping behind the distant horizon.

Dom's POV

He gazed down into his lap after colouring up and giggling, and I felt the fuzzy pain of butterflies shoot through my stomach. I wasn't sure if I should ask him or not.
"M-Matt..?" I whispered, my voice trembling slightly. I could barely see his little face, with those gorgeously sharp features, turn to me in the dying daylight - but I somehow felt his icy yet curious eyes bore into mine.
"Yeah Dom?" he responded, sounding as nervous as I was. I turned away for a few moments, fighting with myself over if I should break the news to him or not.
"Wait," I shook my head, turning back to face him and giving him a half hearted ear to ear grin, "It doesn't matter, don't worry!"
I turned away and buried my head in my hands and sighed - I wanted to tell him so badly, but I just couldn't. I didn't want to risk destroying what we have.