Chapter 5

Nick's POV

As Gideon walked out of the station. Nick couldn't help but look the fox up and down before he got too close to notice. He had a shy smile, he was chubbier than Nick but that made him want to hug him. And his outfit made him look charming. His red and yellow plaid button-up with his sleeves rolled up, and even his jeans rolled up made him so captivating. Nick could look at him all day. His tail began to sway and he smiled at the charming fox walking toward him. Gideon got to Nick's car and he noticed Gideon was holding a box in his other hand, he had been so captivated by Gideon he hadn't noticed it. He must have noticed Nick looking at the box,
"Ah made ya a blueberry pie. Everyone says they're the best pie ah make. And ah just wanted to say thanks again." Gideon handed the box to him, he smiled at Gideon which he noticed caused the other fox to blush a little which made Nick smile a bite more. Aw he's so sweet he made me a pie and it's even blueberry, I wonder if he knew I love blueberries?
"Wow, thanks Gideon it so happens that I love blueberries. I can't wait to try it!" Nick opened the the door to the back seat and put the pie in it'd be safer than in the trunk. He closes the door and opened the trunk and helped Gideon get his suitcase in the trunk, he's was honestly just trying to be gentlemanly. They got in his car and drove off.
"Got any idea what you want to do while you're in Zootopia? We've got a few hours before Judy gets off work."
"Ah hadn't really given it much thought"
Good that means I can plan something that might lead us to get to know each other better, maybe after we eat we can go get drinks it'll make taking a bit easier for the both of us.
"Well, we could go get a bite to eat since it's lunchtime after all" Nick suggested.
" Ya ok that sounds good ah could go for some food."
"I know a great diner we can go to, they have great sandwiches, I go there a lot for my lunch breaks."
"Ah can't wait to try it."

* * * *

When they got to the diner Gideon ordered a grilled cheese sandwich which was pretty good. Nick had gotten it a few times before, he had ordered his usual sandwich lettuce cheese, and a veggie patty that you would never have guessed it was made of vegetables.

"How's ya sandwich?" Gideon asked.

Nick smiled "The best as usual. How's your grilled cheese?"

"Eh it's ok, ah could make a better one." Gideon smiled and scratched the back of his neck.

Hmm, so he can bake but also cook too. Nick raised an eyebrow "Oh really I'll have to try it sometime." He laughed he once again noticed Gideon blush but this time it was more obvious. Nick remembered his dream from this morning and he got a warm feeling seeing this sweet charming fox laugh. He wanted to see his smile more he wanted to make Gideon laugh and smile. His smile is amazing I want to be to one to make him laugh the most. I want him to think about me and smile. Wow, I can't believe I'm saying all this! I've just barely met him and I can't stop thinking about him and he's only a few feet away from me and he's the only thing I  can think about.

After they finished their food they headed back to Nick's car. "So what now? Judy gets off in about two hours. I was thinking we could go get some drink at a bar and have her meet us there after work or just get our own bottle and she can come over to my place?" He smiled at the other fox who without fail blushed a bit.