Chapter 11

Gideon's POV

Gideon woke up in Nick's arms it was one of the best things that he's woken up to. Nick's soft breathing was almost soothing to listen to, Gideon nuzzled into Nick's chest his fur tickled his nose. He look a breath in and Nick's scent filled his lungs, he smelt a little musky but slightly like vanilla too. Gideon smiled Nick's smell was somehow comforting he wrapped his arms around Nick snuggled closer to him. Nick groaned and looked down at Gideon,

"Well good morning cuddle buddy." His rough morning voice sent a shiver down Gideon's spine.

"Mornin' how did ya sleep?" Gideon asked

"Pretty good I've forgotten how nice it is to sleep with someone in bed with me." he smiled at Gideon which made him blush, Nick leaned forward and kissed his cheek.
Nick rolled over the the edge of the bed and stood up. Gideon was watching him but the noticed that Nick himself wasn't the only thing up. Gideon quickly looked away and his face heated up.

"Hey Gid I'm going to take a shower are you going to take one too?"

"Y-y-yeah ah should probably shower." Gideon tried not to looked below his chest.

Nick walked past him to the bathroom and Gideon efforts where in vain he glanced down and slight lump in Nick boxers. He quickly looked away he felt like his face was on fire. Nick shut the door and Gideon heard the shower turn on. Gideon started thinking about how his day was going to go. He had to meet the realtor at one o'clock, and his appointment at the bank for the loan to make the start up of his bakery go faster was at three o'clock. Gideon plugged in his phone just to make sure it didn't die today while he was out starting up his new business here in Zootopia. Gideon went over to his suit case and put it on the bed and started to pick out his clothes for today. He decided on and pastel orange button up and tan slacks. He heard the bathroom door open and turned to look at Nick and saw Nick was drying the fur in his head and then realized he didn't have a towel around his waist. Gideon quickly looked away and the color that has been a often reoccurrence can back to his cheeks.

"A-a-ah see that y-ya done in the shower then?"

"Yep it all yours Gid." Nick gave him a sly smile as Gideon walked past and Gideon felt Nick's tail slide over his rear. Gideon looked back at Nick who gave his a side smile and a wink and turned back around with his towel around his neck leaving his rump full exposed.

Woow Gideon now ya'er eye fucking a fox ya meet yesterday's day sleep with last night. At least try to be a bit less desperate.

Gideon peeled his eyes way from the nice view and went in the bathroom to shower.

As Gideon showered he had some time to think about the fox just in the other room. Last night he had gone through so many emotions. Amazement, embarrassment, sadness, fear, joy, and finally comfort. Gideon had only met Nick a few days ago and he already has been up and down an emotional rollercoaster. But at the end of last night down on the side walk just thinking about what Nick had said, the look in his eyes. How he held Gideon's paws in his own, he felt his chest tighten just thinking about it. Gideon knew what Nick had talked about last night. Discovering feeling you never truly understand, and when you do you question if their right to have. And then finding the courage to be honest and tell them and they reject you. Gideon had lived with that kind of pain, it had gotten to the point where he had gone to his therapist.

He remembered his first time meeting her.
He had been told to sit outside her office while she got done talking with another patient. When the patient left the female mountain lion walk out of her office and invited Gideon in.

"Hello Gideon, my name is Lyra." She extended her paw for him to shake but he was annoyed and anxious about being here so he just sat down in one of the chairs in the corner. Even though there was a couch.
She nodded at him and said "I see afraid, but wants to seem important and independent."
"What's that suppose to mean?!" Young Gideon asked.
"Well you see most people would have picked the couch because it comfortable and is closest when you walk in. But you picked the seat farthest from, showing your independents. But also a seat for one saying your a lone wolf and you don't need anyone. But also show you like to feel important which is normal."

Gideon just rolled his eyes at her, "Whatever lady think what ya want."

She smile at him, "And there's the confirming I don't care response. Trying to play it cool just gives you away even more Gideon."

Who does she think she is?! Gideon thought angrily. She thinks she's got me all figured out just by which chair I'm sitting it! Gideon thought about moving to the couch but thought agains it and just stayed put. Deep down he was afraid she's point out another imperfection about him.