06: Better

My heart clenches tightly hammering in my chest. I turn around and see the one and only Damian Wayne. He's leaning against the doorway with his left hand in his pocket. “You have a beautiful voice.” he says walking towards the now abandoned piano.

My face heats up as I turn around. “Thanks.” I mutter quietly.

“Is it an original piece?” he questions pressing one of the piano keys.

“Believe it or not, I just finished it today.” I smile as he walks closer.

“Do you always write your own music?” he stops a couple feet away from me.

“I try, but I love doing covers of songs.” he opens his mouth to continue when my grandmother bursts into the room.

“About time I found you it's your turn-” she stops and looks at me and Damian. “I can always come back later if you don't want to go right now.”

“No, I would hate to keep Aliesa from her grandmother. Especially since today is an family event.” he excuses himself promising to finish the conversation later.

My grandmother grins showing off her natural white teeth. “Who is that handsome young man?”

“Damian Wayne.” I reply trying to fight the grin making it's way to my face.

“Nice young man. Now get your butt on that stage and please try to wait until the end of the event to kill Axel.” I laugh as she drags me behind stage. Axel is standing next to my grandfather.

“LieLie do you love me? Tell me-” I cover Axel's mouth with my hand as we wait for my grandmother to announce us.

“-And now two of my most favorite people are going to sing a song for us. I give you Aliesandra and Axel! Their going to sing for the youngsters while us grown ups go to the other room.” I slap Axel's hand away as he reaches for mine.

We walk onto the stage and the applause ceases. I go to the stand on the right and Axel goes to the other one.

The music starts and I sway to the beat slightly.

You got them Juliet eyes
And I can be your Romeo tonight,” He turns towards me.

Star crossed, we're love at first sight, And it's like a movie, She dances like she's never gonna die” He grabs my hand and twirls me around.

Blowin up the floor like she's dynamite, I don't wanna tell her good bye, But it's only one night” I drop down in half a split as everyone goes wild in the audience.

Ohh, he got me,Oh, he got me.” I sway my hips slowly.

Aye-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya, yeah Ohh, he told me Ohh, he Told me, Aye-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya, yeah” Axel grabs my waist, Jesy and Vicky rush on stage with Brent and Luke.

Hasta luego (way go)
But she don’t know my name though (oh no).” We dance in a circle pulling and pushing to the beat.

Hasta luego (way go)
But she don’t know my name though (oh no)” I step my left forward and he does the opposite.

I said bailamos, I said bailamos, I said bailamos and we dance” We clap and move backwards from each other.

Hasta luego (way go)
But she don’t know my name though (oh no)

No pasa nada, está bien. Haría lo que sea para verte
Y al tenerte a mis pies,Esto se pone caliente” Jesy and Vicky spin until I push my hands out.

Bailando quiero probar
Pero mi corazón sabe esperar Tengo para enamorar Yo tengo lo que tú quieres” My voice echos throughout the room as I bend back and up twisting my hips.

Ohh, she got me, Ohh, she got me Aye-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya, yeah, Ohh, she told me, Ohh, she told me Aye-ya-ya-ya-ya-ya, yeah” The boys come back up to us and pull us up.

I'm like Ohh-ohh Ay, ay, ay Me tienes Ohh-ohh Ay, ay, ay I'm like Ohh-ohh Ay, ay, ay Me tienes Ohh-ohh Ay, ay, ay

We finish in a half spin as whistles flow and clapping goes on.

Axel pulls me closer bending down. I roll my eyes before stepping back.

Luke whistles into the microphone. “And Axel, is rejected, yet again.” Everyone laughs while Axel shrugs. “But this is only the beginning of an exciting night. With the adults gone in the ballroom we're not going to be doing anything pg. Ladies you're up.”

Vicky mocks him before walking next to me. I smile at her waiting for Jesy and Sarah to come back.

We put on our headpiece and stand in line as the lights dim.