11: Midnight Talon

Aliesa P.O.V
It's been 3 days since I've seen Damian. I might have been avoiding him, but it's not like he's been trying to communicate either.

The almost kiss is on repeat in my head. I feel like Clary when she kept drawing the same symbol over and over again without knowing.

I grab my pillow and scream into it. Not gonna lie it kinda made me feel better. Not much tho just 45%.

I roll over in my bed holding my pillow to my chest. At least we finished our project before fall break. Which means I have absolutely no reason to talk to him.

I stand up from my bed and walk over to my closet to grab a sweater. Maybe a midnight walk will help me. I place two hair pins in the back of my head to hold my baby hairs down.

I grab my headphones and plug them into my phone. Tell me by Groove Theory playing. I open my balcony and climb down the vine wall next to my room. My feet hit the ground with a soft thud. I run over to the gate and quickly jump it before thwngiard notices.

I run to the end of the street. “Bak Bak bitch.” I whisper imagining my parents reaction when they come to my room and realize that I'm gone.

I walk meaninglessly through Gotham. I finallt snap out of my walking haze when I step on a trash can lid. I pick up the lid and place it on the can before looking around.

Everything is dirty and
smells like death. The sound of police sirens echos through the cpld night air. “Damn, I just had to end up in Crime Alley.” I mutter before the door in the alley I was hiding in is thrown open and a man falls down onto the gravel.

He stumbles and stands with fear on his face. He sees me and runs towards me. “C'mon, hurry.” he grabs my hand and runs with me following in tow. We run for awhile before he opens the side door of a dumpster and shoves me inside.

“What the hell dude?” I whisper quietly into the man's ear.

“He killed them. He's not like the bat. He didn't arrest them just killed them. Franky too.” he rushes out in the night.

“Who are you talki-” I stop talking when I hear a sound. I cover the man's mouth and motion to thw door. I grab the handle and pull making sure it's closed all the way.

A thud hits the lid of the dumpster and the man's eyes are wide with fear. I pull him towards me and cover his mouth.

He looks like he'd be a screamer.

“Damn it. I lost the old one.” a deep voice speaks into the night.

“You've killed enough tonight.”a smaller and younger voice breaks  the silence, “Batman's not gonna be happy about this.”

“Robin, He's holding you back. His voice is still inside your head telling you ‘Justice not vengeance ’.” the first voice sounds irritated and manipulative .

“I don't know what to do, Talon.” Robin sighs before something leans against the dumpster.

“Robin, find your own way. I can teach you.” it's silent before he continues. “You'll know where to find me.” footsteps retreat before the sound of the escape latter is heard.

“You can come out now, I'm not going to hurt you.” his voice is outside of the door to the dumpster.

“Stay, I'll leave first. In 40 minutes you go.” I whisper to the man. He nods and moves so I can climb out. I open the door and the sharp end of a sword is at my neck.

“Who are you?” he questions.

I pull my hood down slowly. “Aliesa.” I whisper not wanting to die just yet.