01

Theia; pronounced (theee.ya )

__________________

Done. Finally!

Packing had never been my forte, in fact, I absolutely detested packing. Maybe it was because the number of books and other things I possess seemed impossible to place in tonnes of boxes.

Slapping duct tape across the box, I picked up a marker and marked it as Theia's Books #3

When the box was pushed aside carefully, I finally let out a sigh of relief as I wiped away a layer of sweat that had accumulated on my forehead only but two minutes ago since I had wiped it last. I lived in the warm state of California, it was summer and so naturally, the heat was killing me.

A single thing one should always know about me—I am not much for heat.

So when my dad came home one afternoon and declared that we were moving from California to a cold city just near the outskirts of Seattle called Peidmond, I was actually very excited.

Well—that was until I realized that I was now going to have to join a new high school in the middle of the year and leave my best friend, Casey, behind. And with this being senior year, with prom and all, well, it sucked.

Had I been in my old school, Stinson High, I would have at least had my best friend to accompany me. The thought of being home, all alone on prom, now, only helped in me sweating more.

My family consisted of my dad, Arthur Anderson, who was a professor of History and Literature, My mom, Maia Anderson, who was a designer and entrepreneur (big word, I know) and I, Theia , currently a senior student in high school, hoping to become a Criminologist or Psychologist—whatever came first. I also had a very strange fascination with history.

I guess dad's genes rubbed off on me that way.

Another soft huff of a sigh left escaped me as I lazily picked myself off of the floor and dragged myself towards the bathroom. I had only 2 hours before we were to load everything and leave, and I knew, in this heat, I would need every minute of it.

Minutes later as I stood under my cool shower and slowly watched my bathroom for the final time, I let a few stray tears flow with the water as I washed the tiny ache in my chest away.

It seemed like a day had passed when I found myself scrubbed and fresh, walking out into my bedroom in a towel.

A loud yelp left my lips when I suddenly found myself on the floor, a heavy weight on me.

"Don't go!" Casey cried, hysterical against me. I would have cried too, but the fact that I was currently sprawled on the floor with a towel on and my hundred something pound best friend was on top of me was a little... suffocating. Especially in my part, I was merely five feet something after all.

"Need... to... breathe, Casey!" I managed to gasp as I writhed under her, trying to escape her deadly grip.

Immediately Casey stilled above me.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" She apologised hurriedly, blushing beet red as she got off of me and stood, giving me her hand and helping me stand up.

On my feet, I sighed as I brought her in for a hug, "We will talk every night on Skype or FaceTime. And then there is Messenger! We will always talk, it'll be like I'm not even away, I promise." I assured her as I pulled away and losing my towel pulled on my clothes.

Casey sighed her sigh a little heavy. A little scared. "What if we don't?"

I smiled a small broken smile. My hand found Casey's again and I gave it a comforting squeeze. "No matter what happens, whether we talk every day or not at all for months, when we do talk or meet, we will always be the same. Best friends."