12-I'm going to die

I was in morbid conditions. Terror ravaged me while the shadows devoured all my chances of hope.  My thoughts constantly darted back to Aunt Anne. I missed her so much. Especially in the pain I was in. I struggled to my elbows.  And tried to focus on what I was lying on. In the murky pit I could still savor a reasonable amount of light. But what puzzled me the most was that I was on a bed!

Who would put a bed at the end of a cavernous ditch? How could anyone even escape once falling so deep? I jauntily got up from the soft bed and strained to stand on my feet. A sudden wave of light momentarily blinded. My mouth was parched and my stomach rumbled violently.

Mustering up all my energy I staggered towards the faraway beam of light. At the moment I even considered a doubt that my vision could be delusional. My head spun with every step and my vision wavered. But what I saw the second I reached the beam of light, was unmistakably someone who really shouldn’t be here.

“Aunty!” I shrieked.

At the sound of my voice horror spread across her colourless face. Freezing dead in my tracks, I just questioned her with my expression. A hand snaked around her waist and within a second ripped through her skin. I stared at her as life drained out of her blue eyes.

“no no no no !” I yelled.

I wriggled near her limp figure but once I tried touching her pastel face she softened into smolder. Tears ran down my dirt caked cheek.

“I have no one other than you. No one” I croaked.

“But you have me” a gentle voice resonated in the ghostly ditch. Turning around I found Rex leaning against a wall grinning at me.

“And me” Resting an arm on Rex’s shoulder was Sparks smiling as warmly as ever.

I forced my muscles one more time and tried to embrace them both. But as soon as I was an inch away they dissolved into…smoke”

“Sparks! Rex! Where are you?” I wept.

“Please don’t leave me alone”

“Are you already tired?” The lady I had met previously appeared in front of me. However this time she wore a leather top and shorts.

Her short dark hair covering one of her menacing black eyes she flounced around in the light.

“But you still have SO much to endure” she purred.

“W-what do you want from me?”  I shouted.

“Merely the satisfaction of showing you the truth” she resided on a couch that just appeared.

“Who…who are you?” I could hear my own tone taming in distress.

“My name is Valerie. I’m related to those twin punks at thornica”

“You mean Sparks and Twinkle?” I confirmed.

“Oh so that’s what they are calling themselves?” she cackled.

“What are you?” I raised an eyebrow in suspicion. She couldn’t be one of the Soul reapers. Or so she doesn’t look like one. And nor has she tried devour me.

“That’s what you shall find out” She twirled once and vanished into a shower of golden shimmer.

I stood there flabbergasted. The golden shaft of light materializing around me, illuminating my worn out face, I rubbed my toes together thinking.

What in the world could she be? Whoever she was, or so whatever she was. Sparks and Twinkle were the same. And it seems as if their names ARENT what we thought they are.

Frozen in my tracks I lifted a wobbly hand to wipe off the tears that flogged my vision. All of a sudden the previous moments of my life came thundering down on me. All I could think of were my friends and my sister.

 Violet’s going to die,

Violet’s going to take a tumble,

Violets going to cry

Violet’s going to die

That’s what I had heard that day when I was sleeping walking. Those were the whispers that haunting me right now.

I’m going to die

I took a tumble

I cried

And I’m going to die.