24-Moorlyn knows

No I cannot tell him my discoveries through a letter. Hesitant due to egotistic reasons I told everyone about the letter. I was desperately waiting for Sunny to wake up so I could inform her of it too but she seemed far out in her mind.

Miss Rose crumpled the first letter she had written with delicacy. “I don’t like it” She moaned.

Taking out a writing paper and a better fountain pen she sat down on the kitchen chair, her hand devotedly penning down the message she intended to send. After a good 10 minutes she looked my way with a troubled expression.

“Does this letter deserve to be sent to a King?” she asked frowning.

Reading the paper amazed me. The writing was so elegant and fluid with no crossings or spelling mistakes. And as for the message, it was formal enough in my eyes.

“It’s perfect” I assured her.

“You are absolutely sure? The king is very picky with letters and the way they are written” She bit her lip.

“I’m sure he’ll find this one exceptionally well” I tried to sound positive though I could not imagine such a peculiar man. My eyes lingered on every word but I could find no error. It was absolutely normal in every sense.

“I can write again if you say it’s bad.” She stared at me her pale greenish eyes scrutinizing my expression. It made me feel conscious as to how my expressions should change.

“Don’t rewrite the letter Miss Rose just post it, the more you look at it the more you’ll hate it and you’re wasting time” I said returning the letter in her hand.

Taken by surprise she took the letter back her eyes fixated on my face. “You are sure it deserves to be sent?” she asked again.

“Yes” I replied agitated by her unsure demeanor.

“Then that’s settled, I’ll drop by town today to send this letter off to the royal postman”

“Who’s a royal postman?” I asked as I had heard the term for the first time.

“He used to deliver letters for our parents before they…went away. Now he works in the post office” she explained her voice wavering at the mention of our parents.

“Does anyone want to come with me?” She asked hoping I would volunteer.

“I’ll come. I want new headphones anyways” Sparks said coming behind her with hands deep in his pockets.

And so they went away in the fiery red car. I had decided to research a bit on ‘Moorlyn” the name I had read in the painting.

Looking over my shoulder I caught Twinkle looking at me blankly. I wondered if I could trust her with this. She had never really opened up to me. Small talk was all that existed between us. She brushed away her dark hair from her oval face, revealing one silver earing. Sparks and Twinkle both had one; I guess that’s what keeps them human all the time.  

“So Rex wrote you the letter huh?” she strolled by my side.

“Yeah I asked him to keep in contact” I replied noticing the curiosity in her voice.

“What do you think happened before he met Sunny’s family?” She asked her dark eyes looking out the front door.

“I wouldn’t have an answer even if I imagined something. His brother hanging out with the soul reapers is really strange though” I replied honestly.

“I don’t know about you but I find his eyes strange” she looked me her eyes narrowed casually.

“How so?”