21-Hope

I don’t quite remember when we reached home. I was asleep when we reached the place. I woke up bewildered.

“Violet! Are you alright?” Miss Rose hugged me.

“Yeah”

“Why do you all look so depressed?” Sunny exclaimed worried.

“Where is Rex?” Mrs. Bumble inquired.

“He’s not coming. He chose to stay with them.” Sparks broke the ice.

“…But why?” Sunny asked.

“He thinks he’ll find out about his past there” I replied noticing her expression change to shock.

We returned to our rooms in silence. No one spoke a word. Sunny reclined on her bed, and didn’t speak to us at all. Everyone had a hard time accepting reality. Rex was a prominent part of the castell. When the reapers came by, he was our warning signal. Now that he’s gone we are on our own.

I too sprawled on my bed. It’s been such a long time since I last slept here. I tried to reflect over everything that had happened up till now.

For some reason I couldn’t forget that girl back at charlottes gate. Emeline was her name as I recall. She said something about knowledge. I don’t understand what she was talking about, there is nothing special that I know of.

“Welcome back Milady” A voice came. It was Joseph the keeper.

“Hi” I grumbled.

“I hope you haven’t attained any injuries” he appeared.

“No”

“May I ask the reason for your sad face?” He came and sat beside me.

“Rex isn’t coming back.” I looked up at him.

“And why is that?”

“He needs to know his past”

“And why is it that you are so upset?” He gazed at me confused.

“Because…because I like him. And he was such a good friend of mine” I buried my head into the lavender colored pillow. A sweet smell overwhelmed my senses.

“I can keep you company if you ever feel lonely” He touched my hair, fiddling with the strands.

“Thanks Joseph.”

I rolled over onto my back. Staring at the blue painted ceiling I pondered a bit.

“Hey Joseph, Do you know any princess named Emeline?” I asked hopefully.

“You mean the lost princess. Oh yes I do know that poor girl. She was kidnapped by the prince of shadows. Rex’s brother. But unfortunately dark magic prevails over her kingdom and apparently every guest at that ball. And so no one remembers if she even exists. How did you get to know about her?”

“She was at Charlotte’s gate. When Jasper kidnapped me, I met her in that house.” I got rested my head on my hands. Alert with excitement I began asking him questions.

“Was her highness well?” He inquired.

“She seemed healthy but not happy. Is there any way for her kingdom to remember her again?”

“Breaking such a powerful spell isn’t that easy Princess. But perhaps…” He thought for a second.

“Perhaps what?” I exclaimed.

“Perhaps a reversing spell could be created, if we ever get access to the land leading to the Misty waters.” He nodded his head.

“But I always thought that place was a myth until Valerie told me about it.” I sat up right wide eyed.