15- Lets forget the rescue plan

Rex’s P.o.v

The sage green interior of the flamboyant racing car actually appealed to me. I perhaps really like the colour green. The shock bequeathed by Twinkle still cohered the atmosphere. I feel incredibly insane to think Valerie was the twin’s mother. I mean we all deliberately believed their parents had disappeared just like Violets parents.

The car swerved around a corner at top speed avoiding annoyed pedestrians in town. The town had changed exclusively since my previous visit. There teenagers flocking the streets, people in robes and odd shops. One new shop that I hadn’t seen before caught my eye. ‘Hermione’s Herbs’ a wooden label said. It’s quite peculiar to start an herbs shop around here, since herbs are required for magical purposes not for ordinary cranky people which inhabit these houses.

Tranquility had embraced me when Marceline crossed the town. I was on my way to Violet and nothing could stop me. The twins had smug expressions painted on their faces. It was then that a feeling struck me; I miss the old Sparks. It was eerie seeing him sit so still and so quiet.

“So my minions” Marceline cackled startling me. Seriously she’s insane.

“I’ve got paralysis guns for the twins and the real deals for us, what do you want Rex?” She looked at me through the mirror.

“I’ll make do with that classic dart gun you have” I smirked. That dart gun blurted flowery darts that send both reapers and people to sleep.

Hours ticked away and orchards came into view. Greenery swept the scene before me. It was rather a beautiful place for a brutal objective. A towering gate soon came to view. Entangled in florid wines the entrance seemed extremely welcoming. The gate creaked open and our care rolled inside.

So this is it huh? I swear I’m going to break Violet free for whatever it takes.

Jasper stood solemnly in front of us as we filed out of the car, with our weapons concealed. Taking a deep breath I returned to my well known silent personality.

“Good morning, now aren’t you really early?” Jasper smirked at me fixing his coat.

“Can’t wait can you?” he attempted to provoke me.

Without a single sound I followed him into the house. Marceline, Madeline and the twins trailed behind me too. Crossing a dimly lit room I entered a huge white room. Floral curtains shaded the fancy windows and a furry rug concealed the wooden floor. In the center on a white Victorian sofa sat man in black robes. His brow creased and crinkles formed around his stormy grey eyes. He seemed to be a middle aged man with a crooked nose and slim lips.

Touching his grey hair he stood up and his lips curled into an eerie smile. He was a reaper. I could sense it. Electrical sensations were already swarming me. My jaw clenched and I examined the Violet-less room.

“Hello Rex. Long time no see eh?” The man grinned. His voice however was a lot authoritative.

“hi” I mumbled annoyed on the fact that I didn’t see Violet .

“Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Claudius Simpson pleased to meet you” he shook hands with everyone.

“Where is Violet?” I Demanded.

“Patience is not your best trait huh?” He chuckled.

A frown appeared unintentionally on my face but I uttered no insult. I better not ruin it this time. We need the plan to work. I need the plan to work desperately.

“Let’s take you to Violet then” He commanded motioning his hand towards the plain white door.

All six of us nervously strolled out of the brilliant white room and into the blooming large garden. All sorts of flowers budded around us. Chrysanthemums, roses, violets and daffodils peeked at us from all sides. A sweet odor surrounded us but no sweet feeling embraced me.